• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Mike and crew-

Could you tell me what color this model is? I purchased in store and forgot the color. Thank you

Last edited:

docka

Reaction score
How does special sizing work for trousers? For instance if I'm a 35, do they take a 36 and take in an inch or a 34 and let loose an inch? I ask since the pant measurements for the knees and cuffs will be different, depending on the size they use to alter.

Wade

Reaction score
FF sport coats look nice
Unfortunately don't have the funds ATM but hopefully in a few months they're offered again

Last edited:

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the FF Jackets, is the Napoli completely unstructured OR is it a soft shoulder with minimal padding? Sizing would be the same as Daltrey and Weller? Thank you.

ThomSquared

Reaction score
Hey Mike and crew,

Any FF Rivet Chino's in the pipeline?

I just got my only pair (tan/black glenplaid) back from the tailor and these things are siiiiiiiiiick, I want more!

Pastor

Reaction score

How does special sizing work for trousers? For instance if I'm a 35, do they take a 36 and take in an inch or a 34 and let loose an inch? I ask since the pant measurements for the knees and cuffs will be different, depending on the size they use to alter.  

Mike can correct me but I think with an odd size all the measures will be split. So the knees and the cuffs on a 35 will be between what a 34 and 36 are.

james ep

Reaction score
Last edited:

stmaier

Reaction score
We're you guys not able to get the burnished scotchgrain for the JL WWII boot? Was looking forward to that...

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same here....some of these are looking really really nice, but I'm afraid they might all be too heavy for my climate down here. I might be better off waiting until winter when they offer some lightweight options that would be delivered next spring.

I'm really digging the snuff micro-houndstooth - how warm would that actually wear IRL? Being in the Napoli fit with the 3/8 liner, maybe it's actually light enough to wear in Florida?

That fabric is incredible. Has a great hand to it. Being from the south, I would say it might be a touch warm, but doable. I've worn my wool/cash Daltrey quite a bit in NYC recently. I think that fabric could be comfortable under 80 or so degrees.

I have the Linen Navy Glen Plaid Marcello. I'm guessing I'd probably go 38R if I did order an FF jacket then. Thank you Pekingman

I would definitely say that most customers sized up in the Marcello. If the 40 feels good, I'm pretty sure you'd take a 38 or 39 in the Southwick jackets. The main thing you have to worry about is your shoulders. I would venture to recommend a size 39, as the shoulder measurement is going to be VERY close to the Marcello.

Hi Mike et all...

I'd greatly appreciate some advice on sizing.

The LBM cotton fits me great in 38R. Also I have a Napoli in duck canvas that fits well in 38R - nice and slim fit.

I have had a Napoli Hopsack in 38R that was a bit too small in the shoulders/chest. I also tried on the Napoli 38R seersucker and it was also a touch small in chest/shoulders.

What size should I order for the FF in the Daltrey or Weller models you're offering?

I suspect 39R might be safe if the fit is similar as 38R seems to be hit or miss with me.

I would recommend a 39 to be safe, as it's going to be just slightly bigger than a 38.

I have a sizing question on the jackets. I usually get 38S, which is a good length in the body, sleeves and a good fit in the chest. But the shoulders are always a little wide. I'm wondering if I went down to a 37R, maybe the shoulders would fit better and I might be able to have a tailor let out the fabric a bit so I could button the jacket comfortably.

Finally, if I did that, would the fabric show a seam in the back, the way some fabrics do when you let out the waist in a pair of pants? (I'm eyeing the Harris tweed, which I'd think would disguise that sort of work better than most).

Edit: After studying the measuring charts again, it doesn't look like sizing down would make sense.

I believe we have a size 37 in the Manhattan shop if you want to come by and check it out.

Hi Mike and crew-

Could you tell me what color this model is? I purchased in store and forgot the color. Thank you

Those are the Regiment Twill Walts in Brick.

As a general rule it's better to take in than let out. Wools, linens and textured cottons (like the sanded canvas/duck canvas) will show little to no marks if you let our a seam, but for cotton twills and other "flat" fabrics, sometimes you'll see distinct marks. With taking a trouser in, you won't have these concerns.

We can always take special orders for a size 35 as well. Just shoot me an email ([email protected])
or PM.
For the FF Jackets, is the Napoli completely unstructured OR is it a soft shoulder with minimal padding? Sizing would be the same as Daltrey and Weller? Thank you.

The Napoli has no shoulder padding whatsoever. The sizing runs consistent with the Daltrey/Weller/Caine, though. So you should buy the same size across the board.

ALSO:

If you guys have sportcoat questions, always feel free to drop me a line either through PM or through email . Mike calls me the "Sportcoat Guru" for a reason.

Last edited:

Todd V

Reaction score
The Rust and Pale Blue Exploded Check FF looks awesome.

Mike -- are xtra-short bodies/sleeves available in the FF sportcoats?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahholbrook122