• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

El QUaG

Reaction score

Shingles, can't comment on the previous seasons ghurka, but I have a size 32 in khaki, the entire short just feels a bit slim compared to other EG stuff that I've owned or tried on. Think they're going for a slimmer cut all together. All the mediums that I have tried on from ss14, Lafayette shirts, ghurka shorts, work shirts, baker and Andover jackets, are all really fitted for me.

Can you provide measurements on you size 32 Ghurka Shorts in Khaki please, particularly the waist measurements?

Did you get your pair from Need Supply? The model on this listing is wearing size 30, and you can see by the close ups how tight it fits around the waist.

Knight

Reaction score
Also, can anyone comment on the sizing on this years Ghurka shorts? Last summers Ghurka and Cambridge shorts were both a bit downsized, I could hardly button the 30's, so had to size up to 32's. While FW13 waist 30 pants fit me perfectly.

Thanks

Shingles, can't comment on the previous seasons ghurka, but I have a size 32 in khaki, the entire short just feels a bit slim compared to other EG stuff that I've owned or tried on. Think they're going for a slimmer cut all together. All the mediums that I have tried on from ss14, Lafayette shirts, ghurka shorts, work shirts, baker and Andover jackets, are all really fitted for me.

I have the navy pink floral ghurka's from SS14 and compared to '13 they're a lot roomier around the waist so go true to size, i have the paisely navy Ghurka's from SS13 and the first few instances i wore them they were quite fitted, almost 31, but theyve stretched enough and fit perfectly.

In saying all that stick to your waist size for Ghurka's this time around. It tapers in towards the knee moreso so bear that in mind. Enjoy.

HelloFello

Reaction score

Can you provide measurements on you size 32 Ghurka Shorts in Khaki please, particularly the waist measurements?

Did you get your pair from Need Supply? The model on this listing is wearing size 30, and you can see by the close ups how tight it fits around the waist.

Yes, I did get mine from need supply. And you can tell from the pics of the model that it's indeed pretty slim. I have the 32 and waist measures at 16.5 inches lying it flat on the ground with it buttoned up. Leg opening at about 9.5 inches. Let me know if you need anything else.

Shingles

Reaction score

I have the navy pink floral ghurka's from SS14 and compared to '13 they're a lot roomier around the waist so go true to size, i have the paisely navy Ghurka's from SS13 and the first few instances i wore them they were quite fitted, almost 31, but theyve stretched enough and fit perfectly.

In saying all that stick to your waist size for Ghurka's this time around. It tapers in towards the knee moreso so bear that in mind. Enjoy.

Thanks mate just what I needed to hear. Sounds like i'm going tts then. Measurements on the Bureau says the same thing but it feels better to double check these things as I've got no where to try them on and have to order online. Not surprised they run bigger this summer, the sizing always changes. Every. Single. Year.

catchh

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to ask or know if Nepenthes provides stock information for Needles items?

Last edited:

tjonesd2

Reaction score
Anyone know what the fit of the western shirts are like? More like workshirts(slimmer) or more like tab collars (bigger)? Thanks

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has anyone tried to ask or know if Nepenthes provides stock information for Needles items?

Why yes, they do (non-jp stock that is)

catchh

Reaction score
Just a heads up that I got some great EG items in excellent condition up for sale from previous SS seasons that don't fit me anymore unfortunately.

Last edited:

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dang, I want a pair of those navy Gurkha shorts, but they fit slim huh? I guess I need a 34. :(

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am curious whether EG will have some of those long shirts in plain white/gray, any affiliates pick them up by chance ?

Last edited:

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what the fit of the western shirts are like? More like workshirts(slimmer) or more like tab collars (bigger)? Thanks

I have a western shirt from ss13 that I like very much. Its fairly regular to slim fit. Quite long, with high side vents as EG shirts often are but otherwise quite a normal fit. I'd say its slimmer in the sleeves and longer in the body and sleeve than workshirts and maybe a touch narrower on the shoulders than a tab collar. SS14 might be slightly different though as they change season to season. (My only tab collar shirt is a flannel one that ran slimmer / smaller than normal.)

I am curious whether EG will have some of those long shirts in plain white/gray, any affiliates pick them up by chance ?

If you mean the long tunic shirt thingy - they showed one in white for their runway show. Haven't seen them about anywhere (whole season hasn't dropped yet). You could do a pre-order with Drinkwaters if you're particularly after one.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^thanks, looks like exactly what I am interested in. I am sure pre-orders are done so I guess I'll keep an eye out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads