• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

landaup

Reaction score
Hi guys!
Any idea on whether we can expect some of those field jackets (with detachable hood) for SS14? Haven't seen any so far. Thanks!

El QUaG

Reaction score
^ Not sure if they will release the exact same jacket again this season -- there's always that one jacket EG will drop mid season that everyone lusts for! I acquired the olive version last year and have yet to even wear out. I was personally underwhelmed by the fabric choice (a bit to shiny and synthetic looking, when I was expecting a rougher fabric choice and different tone of olive colour). Maybe the Expedition jacket will be to your liking?
I think that's the Expedition jacket, or quite simply a Bedford jacket - both in an olive cotton ripstop.

TWorksheets

Reaction score

landaup

Reaction score
@ el quag: thanks mate! Yeah we'll see, but I really liked the fact you could remove the hood (on the field jacket).

The expedition looks great but I'm still waiting to see more detailed pics. Plus I don't think it's actually a parka (which is what I'm after).

El QUaG

Reaction score

Does anyone know which fabrics the fatigue pant are available in this season?

• Indigo Cotton Denim Railroad stripe
  • Khaki Cotton Ripstop
  • Olive Cotton Ripstop
  • Navy Cotton Ripstop
  • Black/Grey Cotton Houndstooth
  • Black/White Cotton Houndstooth

Painter Pants are also back this season:

iotan

Reaction score

• Indigo Cotton Denim Railroad stripe

Does anyone know what stores are getting the railroad stripe in fatigue pants (or other pants for that matter)? I saw that Steven Alan has them in fatigue shorts but that is the only store that I have seen with the material thus far.

El QUaG

Reaction score

@ el quag: thanks mate! Yeah we'll see, but I really liked the fact you could remove the hood (on the field jacket). 

The expedition looks great but I'm still waiting to see more detailed pics. Plus I don't think it's actually a parka (which is what I'm after). 

I know what you mean. Did you notice these two pieces featured in the SS14 lookbook:

Then there's the Storm Coat which is not a Parka, but features a removable hood. Note the colour and texture of Cotton Ripstop:

TWorksheets

Reaction score

landaup

Reaction score
Yes I saw these two. They look amazing, we'll see when they come up on stores :)
The storm coat is a beautiful piece but wayyy too long for me (I'm not very tall unfortunately).

I also really like that one:

Btw for those interested I've got a light blue chambray work shirt (from FW13) in Small. 160$ shipped to the US/Europe (I'm in France). It's brand new, still has the tag on.

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Source on the storm coat pics? Looks great.

I have some monitaly cotton ripstop pants from last summer - really nice fabric - would be interested to see how EG's matches up

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads