• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 2013, plus FWK

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That actually helps a lot Knight, thanks. Weight is definitely what I was most curious about. The broken twill definitely has a bit of sheen to it in some light....kinda different but kinda cool. I don't notice it much anymore even though I was concerned about if I'd like it at first.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The cotton pique is very much like an oxford weave. It has a supple hand and lacks high luster. This fabric will become buttery soft and a favorite in your wardrobe. We selected the Khaki to be your go to jacket no matter what you were wearing.

the year 1492

Reaction score
End is having a 20% off outerwear sale for the next couple days - use the code "BRITISHSUMMERTIME". You'll have to email them for Engineered Garments stuff, though.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think needles has won me over this season.
Floral jacket is calling to me

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks mate
smile.gif
the heather blue cotton or the ecru would look really nice with your jacket. I got the indigo denim shorts, vest, and the jacket too. I got the navy Truman pants from a place in Hong Kong called Delstore. Ask for Derrick he's really helpful.

Someone asked about comparing broken twill to cotton piqué. Ill try my best. Broken twill is quite fuller than the piqué, the twill also has sort of a sheen to it (subtle). Piqué is a lot lighter and woven differently to broken twill. It's got a natural crease to it as well which adds another layer of appeal to its garment. They're not alike whatsoever. I apologise if this doesn't help. I would call Gary Drinkwater because he will give you a more accurate explanation.

Thanks Knight! Very helpful!!

I think needles has won me over this season.
Floral jacket is calling to me

Some quick pics of navy Truman and Needles floral shirt... not an ideal fit but couldn't be bothered to change out of the jeans

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score
and some very nice bits too ..

Shingles

Reaction score
Does anyone have fit pics of the Baker and can explain the differences in fit etc. between the Baker and Bedford? I'm using the Bedford as a reference as that is a jacket that I know and like.
Is it boxy like the Bedford? Does the broken twill got any stretch or is it very immovable?

Need to make a fast decision if I should pull the trigger on the Dark Navy Broken Twill Baker. Thanks

Shingles

Reaction score
I summarized the measurements of the different sport coats as I wanted to compare them and find the jacket with the shortest length.
Thought that any of you might find it useful. All measurements are taken from The Bureau.

Last edited:

El QUaG

Reaction score

Does anyone have fit pics of the Baker and can explain the differences in fit etc. between the Baker and Bedford? I'm using the Bedford as a reference as that is a jacket that I know and like.
Is it boxy like the Bedford? Does the broken twill got any stretch or is it very immovable?

Need to make a fast decision if I should pull the trigger on the Dark Navy Broken Twill Baker. Thanks

Not sure about this seasons fit, but over the past two seasons, I have found the Baker to be a slightly boxy fit when compared with Bedford. Definitely more room around the chest and waist.

I have a slim frame, and tend to find the Bedford and Andover to be ideal in terms of more "tailored" fit.

In saying this, I own the Baker from SS12 and that seems to fit very well.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the dark navy broken twill Baker. I like it a lot, fabric is a nice spring weight without being too light. Doesn't seem to have any stretch to it really. It's a slim fit through the chest I find, I had to size up to a XL. I have two Bedfords from previous seasons in L but there was just no way the large Baker was going to work for me in the chest measurement.. Baker is a little longer too, but that may be due to the sizing up I did. Overall, the fits are pretty similar when you account for the shift in size...my XL Baker fits similar to my large corduroy Bedford from FW11 (or 12...can't remember).

Shingles

Reaction score
Thanks guys, it helps.
I ordered the Baker in a M. Hopefully it'll fit well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads