• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Grant Stone Buy/Sell/Trade

whipcord

Reaction score
I have 4 pair I'd like to move on from:

Brass boot, black CXL, wedge sole 11D - too small, worn a dozen times or so

Diesel boot, Crimson CXL, 11.5D worn half a dozen times - a tad large

Diesel boot, Storm suede, 11.5D worn indoors on carpet for an hour - a tad large

Longwing, Coffee suede, 11.5D, tried on indoors, never worn

These are not B grades, all first quality

I will make somebody a smoking deal on all 3 pair of 11.5D

cpr81

Reaction score
WTB Ottawa Boot in Dune Natural CXL size 9.5E.

Anyone have a pair they’d be willing to part with?

Last edited:

waterbuffalonyc

Reaction score

Grant Stone Suede Plain Toe - Coffee (Size 8.5D) - $250​

I am the original purchaser (direct from Grant Stone) and sole owner of these Grant Stone suede plain toe shoes. As my buyers know, I take really good care of my stuff, and these shoes are no exception. I've only worn them maybe 3-4 times (and only for dressy occasions) so they look practically new! When not worn, they had cedar shoe trees in them. I am including a pair of those cedar shoe trees, free!

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    579.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 2.png
    2.png
    555.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 3.png
    3.png
    359.4 KB · Views: 26
  • cedar.png
    cedar.png
    393.2 KB · Views: 28

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
If you are looking for an exceedingly unusual but easily wearable boot this might be worth considering. These started life as the light colored kangaroo Ottawa. I dyed them but not in the conventional sense whatsoever. These were treated with an iron/vinegar based solution that reacted with the tannins in the hide to create the color effect that resulted.

The mottling in the color is a lot easier to see outdoors whereas indoors it tends to be a bit more subtle. The toes and vamps are also more evenly colored overall.

This was a pretty difficult project, overall, relative to conventional dye type efforts. I have a lot of hours into these boots. Happy to discuss further. These fit me well and I like them but have too many moc toes. Getting into hard cuts.

No clue how to price these… hoping to find someone that loves them and will use them more than me.

Let’s say $245. If you think too high or love them but want to make a lower offer please feel free to reach out via DM. Looking for a good home for someone after a 1 of 1 unique pair.

View attachment 2157795

View attachment 2157797

View attachment 2157799

View attachment 2157801

img_9538-jpeg.2157803

Bumping this pair, how about $225

soaped

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested in some Grant Stone Ottawa in Black CXL? Size is 11D

I wore these around 4-5 times. There are some small marks and scuffs from normal wear.
$130 shipped CONUS, will come with the original box.

Attachments

• IMG_5370.jpg
    IMG_5370.jpg
    335.7 KB · Views: 12

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads