• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, no offense. Right. The above line just shows what a mental midget you are. My track record working with people is of such a high calibre that I have scored not one, but FOUR International expatriate assignments, working across the globe to help build up the companies I've worked for at their foreign locations. Why? Because I have a well established reputation for team building and interacting across diverse cultures. I'm back based in the US these days but still hit 135,000 miles on Delta this year and have almost 8,000 miles booked for 3 weeks of January.

If I come across people who have differing opinions than I have, I don't call them pricks or verbally assault them as a few others have done here (luddite, boomer etc). No, I am not threatened by different opinions. I don't need to put down others simply because they have the audacity to not conform to my righteous beliefs. Try it sometimes.
Unfortunately for you Tim, it's not the opinions that are turning people off.

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
all the stuff you point out is terrible, but the fact that they delivered the car with a ding right in your sightline tells you all you need to know about the standard of quality that shop has, and the (lack of) pride they have in their workmanship
Yeah, this is hot garbage. Should have been a slam dunk since they didn't even need to skin the door, just paint the shell and blend it in. Did I mention any time the doors are closed the cabin reeks of solvent? Even after leaving the windows down overnight.

I'm really not looking forward to getting this to resolution between the shop and insurance. Trying to stay positive but I am not expecting a smooth experience, my expectation is they will want the same shop to rework it.

Sad thing is I checked around and this shop was highly recommended and great online reviews. I even drove an extra distance to take it there.

Seems to be a bit of a bait and switch, they have two locations close to one a other. One is for "insurance work". Another, the main one, for everyone else. They don't tell you that on the website...

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1,400 miles into ownership and still can’t believe I own one. Took time to wash and clean this while the Outback is in for a major engine out service. When I told my wife it will be a $5K bill she asked if it was Macan time or not 😂

IMG_0421.jpeg

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Looks great, but not being a Porsche aficionado, can I get a ruling on spoiler from one of the local experts?

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great, but not being a Porsche aficionado, can I get a ruling on spoiler from one of the local experts?

Stock and a GT4 (Cayman) wing, not a PEAK period GT3 (911) wing. It is pretty flat and can be used as a picnic table in a pinch. Given the cost difference, I doubt even NYC middle class people would drive this otherwise they would show their pleb status.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
It seriously looks great. Does that wing move or is it fixed? A pleb like me would ask what the 0-60 time is but I know the real question is its 'Ring time.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stock and a GT4 (Cayman) wing, not a PEAK period GT3 (911) wing. It is pretty flat and can be used as a picnic table in a pinch. Given the cost difference, I doubt even NYC middle class people would drive this otherwise they would show their pleb status.

Having a place to tailgate is crucial when you’re stuck in traffic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads