• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You can't understand that different people have differing preferences? How odd.
I understand preferences. I don't understand the need to sh*t on the thing you didn't choose.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand preferences. I don't understand the need to sh*t on the thing you didn't choose.

IMG_4128.jpeg

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Stating a preference is not sh*tting on anything.

I can easily see the appeal towards sailboats in this respect. I can't feel this way at all about EV's. I've grown up on ICE cars, particularly sports cars and I need the sounds and smells that come with that. If I have to have an EV then I will just treat it like an appliance; devoid of emotion and soul.

I would say the bolded goes beyond stating a preference and certainly at least borders on shyting on EVs.

Times change. The choice is to be an old man yelling at clouds on the front lawn or embrace the change. Just IMO and you do you, Boo.

Tim Apple

Reaction score
I would say the bolded goes beyond stating a preference and certainly at least borders on shyting on EVs.

Times change. The choice is to be an old man yelling at clouds on the front lawn or embrace the change. Just IMO and you do you, Boo.
Sorry, but you are incorrect. The text I wrote is my opinion and nothing more. It's how I feel. I'm sorry you are so insecure that being exposed to differing opinions threatens you, but that's life. You should stay off the internet for your own comfort.

I embrace change as much as the next person. You are, again, incorrect making assumptions off of a single data point. I have dumped all gas powered law equipment in favor of battery powered machines and will never go back. Including my snow blower too.

But when it comes to sports cars, for me, the essence of what I enjoy is simply missing from EVs. I have two Lotus cars, weighing 2,000 pounds and 1500 pounds. I enjoy light cars. They have very high revving engines that produce an extreme, visceral sound. EV's weigh thousands of pounds more than a Lotus. They handle like slugs in comparison. They make funny, whiny sounds. As a result, **I** do not like them. I'm very happy other people like them, as less gas being purchased will reduce the demand and slowly lower the price of fuel. That will continue until the economy of scale collapses and then prices will start to climb. I won't care then because I wont be driving.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I'm sorry you are so insecure that being exposed to differing opinions threatens you, but that's life. You should stay off the internet for your own comfort.

This is truly cute. Keep doing you, Boo, the schadenfreude is delicious.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has there ever been a scenario where someone had a big flag flying from their truck and they weren't obviously a douchenozzle?

Doesn't seem to matter if it is an American flag, a Texas flag, a trump flag, or a fricking Seattle Seahawks flag...big flag on truck = obvious marker of low quality individual.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We got our EV because the economics were so obviously in favor of it (leased really well and save ~$100 per month on gas) but also because it was a better choice for us. And better for the erf (which greatly pleases my young children).

I understand the POV that they are "soulless appliances" but most modern cars are as well. Lotus' and other sports cars are severe outliers. For many people, EVs are the enthusiast choice given the comparable vehicles. We moved from a ~3900lb gas CUV to a ~4600lb EV CUV. Same brand, same audience. The EV is significantly slower on paper (more than 2 seconds slower to 60) but feels like it has more pickup when we need it. Handling is quite good due to the low center of gravity, helped by the fact that the suspension is pretty well resolved so we aren't crashing over every road imperfection.

Straight up, we are having more fun driving the new car than the old car. The EV powertrain may not have a "soul" but it has tangible benefits and I love not having a transmission with the occasional clunks.

I think the anti-appliance brigade is really just anti practical vehicles. The vast majority of them, whether ICE or EV, are soulless by design. I don't take issue with Tim Apple preferring his car to my car because I don't make my decisions based on how they will be received here.

Oh also, we are still futzing around with lease-end BS. I still don't have my lease-end statement from MB, so I called for a second time yesterday and learned that they charged me in full for huge miles overage (which the dealer said would be waived) and charged me for a final payment late fee (because the dealer paid late) but didn't charge me for the overdue service or the tire replacement (both of which were within their rights). Looks like I will get my full deposit back (except for the $24 late fee which isn't worth fighting about) but still annoying to have to chase people for it.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
The turn-in experience on my XC 90 at the dealership was for shyte but Volvo Financial did not charge for anything and their turn in fee was just $350. I will admit I was pretty pleased as there was a chunk out of one of the rims from a big stone another vehicle kicked up. I was figuring getting dinged for a rim replacement.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The turn-in experience on my XC 90 at the dealership was for shyte but Volvo Financial did not charge for anything and their turn in fee was just $350. I will admit I was pretty pleased as there was a chunk out of one of the rims from a big stone another vehicle kicked up. I was figuring getting dinged for a rim replacement.

You were expecting to pay for a rim job?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
:rimshot:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics