• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Indy German car mechanic has one of these he uses for dump runs. My wife would like one now.

I never knew about these mini trucks. Apparently you can import them from Japan for under $10K.

2020_1122_18184100.jpg

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We had a couple of those (Suzukis) for my dad’s business when we lived in Asia. Definitely have your wife drive or at least take a ride in one. I think she’ll change her mind right quick :laugh:

They’re underpowered (for US roads), tippy and ride really uncomfortably.

Although have her look at the van versions, they’re better

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They are cool, but IMHO they aren’t really designed for American roads.

You have to import old ones, so they are pretty unsafe compared to modern cars and the lack of top speed rapidly becomes problematic even in suburban areas due to the way our planning sprawl is set up.

Would be a different story if more modern ones were available because the form factor of the kei truck is pretty sweet.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just spent a while looking at all the Kei vehicle options. The vans are even cooler! I'd never even seen one before. You aren't kidding about a rabbit hole.

I doubt we'd seriously look at them but it could be a feasible vehicle for our needs, to take yard waste to the local compost/recycling station once or twice a month. It's only a couple of miles from home so it would never need to be highway driven and the uniqueness factor is so much cooler than buying an old Ford Ranger or S10 for the same purpose. Since she got the Volvo, she's [thankfully] reluctant to dirty it up going to the dump.

Tim Apple

Reaction score
We had a couple of those (Suzukis) for my dad’s business when we lived in Asia. Definitely have your wife drive or at least take a ride in one. I think she’ll change her mind right quick :laugh:

They’re underpowered (for US roads), tippy and ride really uncomfortably.

Although have her look at the van versions, they’re better

Just up for auction today. You can have one here in the US now too. 0.6 liters of bone crushing horsepower.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also of interest, I signed up for Audi Club of NA's winter driving school. They hold it at a Rally school a couple of hours north in NH. Anyone ever do one of those?

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are cool, but IMHO they aren’t really designed for American roads.

You have to import old ones, so they are pretty unsafe compared to modern cars and the lack of top speed rapidly becomes problematic even in suburban areas due to the way our planning sprawl is set up.

Would be a different story if more modern ones were available because the form factor of the kei truck is pretty sweet.
Whats that, you want a modern equivalent?

Edit: ugh… low speed. :rolleyes:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My Indy German car mechanic has one of these he uses for dump runs. My wife would like one now.

I never knew about these mini trucks. Apparently you can import them from Japan for under $10K.

View attachment 2100577
Get the leccy version! https://www.troposmotors.com/models.html
1704001965688.png

Dunno where you live, but in sunny CA the process looks prohibitive.

This one lives near me: https://www.sfchronicle.com/local/a...iny-Japanese-fire-truck-bringing-16137119.php
1704001623629.png

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members