• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lurker33

Reaction score
It's cool today, so i can finally comfortably wear some boots again.
1000007635-01.jpeg
1000007639-01.jpeg

Pascal1980

Reaction score
And my heavy black chelsea boots with fur lining and a cleated rubber sole from "Shoepassion" for the winter. The chiseled last is very similar to the Crockett & Jones 348 last. Therefore I like wearing these heavy chelsea boots with a mirror shine on the toe cap even with a dark colored suit in winter:

20231029_084526.jpg

20231029_084532.jpg

Best regards

Pascal

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I assume you've already asked for a refund and have been turned down?

I've been waiting for almost 2 yrs on a Kudu Chelsea remake from Sons of Henrey. At this point I've given up after several false promises of imminent delivery. Tom Brone says he can't afford to offer refunds as there are ~20 pending MTOs. Apparently his account manager, family of factory owners, created her own system and was unable to track MTO orders. I believe the guy even though I've always found his service and communication, or lack thereof, flaky. I did call him out a few months back for offering SOH MTOs on his website despite admitting the program was a bust.

Replying to my own message. I finally received the boots and they're are pretty much flawless. I'm in serious downsizing mode though and will probably list them for sale.

PXL_20240805_213640052.jpg

lurker33

Reaction score
Digging this style from Bonafe
This MTO had some unusual mods done too. Half gusset tongue and unstructured heel, the arch support was done like in their moccasins (can see the hump at the arch in the 2nd picture). I have 2 MTO's in production, one with an unstructured toe and one with the "soft structured toe" i believe they called it. Excited to see what that will be like.

Attachments

• IMG_4035.jpg
    IMG_4035.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_5534.jpg
    IMG_5534.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 69

Pascal1980

Reaction score
Hello satorialists,

which boots, besides Balmoral and sleek chelsea noots, jodphur boots and chukka/george boots, would you also wear with a suit, in particular in fall and winter?

I am thinking about balmoral boots with rubber soles, and derby boots like the "Perth" and "Northcote" from Crockett & Jones, or the "Galway" boot in calf leather from Edward Green and the ones copied by TLB Mallorca and Carmina?

The leather ought to be calf and smooth, not a casual country grain, wax calf or something like that.

Colours would be all brown tones, black and burgundy.

What do you think?

Best regards

Pascal

Featured Sponsor

"Movie Stills" Challenge: VOTE

• PSB

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Clouseau

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Kaplan

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Calypso