• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2024 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Franky

Reaction score
IMG_2111.jpeg

Ravello Roy boot

Frank Hall

Reaction score
Hello Alden family,
Does anyone know of a Chukka pre-order made out of tan calf or dark tan? Any sole would be fine except crepe. Barrie last. Preferably lined and not unlined. I wear a 9.5 E. Or, a used pair would be fine too. Photo of Ravello chukkas which are fabulous. I need a tan calf pair for daily use. Thanks!

Attachments

• Ravello Chukkas.jpg
    Ravello Chukkas.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 42

tuna roll

Reaction score

tuna roll

Reaction score
IMG_7512.jpeg
IMG_7511.jpeg

one more “should I keep it or return” post

this is a Seconds - a pair of PTBs in shell, Modified last

I’m not too fussy about cosmetic details, specially on Seconds, but I find this unsightly and I’m worried about it getting worse with time.

you can see a big part of the stitching came off, there’s also (not pictured) a significant cut near the heel. also (less meaningful) the stitching on the sole is very messy.

I was considering keeping it and having a cobbler redo the stitches on the arch, but I’m tempted to just returning

slows2k

Reaction score
View attachment 2243359 View attachment 2243361

I’m not too fussy about cosmetic details, specially on Seconds, but I find this unsightly and I’m worried about it getting worse with time.

you can see a big part of the stitching came off, there’s also (not pictured) a significant cut near the heel. also (less meaningful) the stitching on the sole is very messy.

I was considering keeping it and having a cobbler redo the stitches on the arch, but I’m tempted to just returning

Oof, thats a rough flaw. I say return without question. Even as seconds those are pretty egregious.

tuna roll

Reaction score
Oof, thats a rough flaw. I say return without question. Even as seconds those are pretty egregious.
Thanks, I’ll probably return them. I bought a few Seconds in the past and this is the worse one by far. I was very surprised when I checked them up close.

Last edited:

slows2k

Reaction score
Thanks, I’ll probably return them. I bought a few Seconds in the past and this is the worse one by far. I was very surprised when I saw that flaw.

Yeah typically people have a hard time finding obvious flaws in factory seconds; one thing Alden (or maybe just TSM, who knows?) does pretty well compared to other companies is police the quality of seconds. These, are on a different level IMO.

Markintosh

Reaction score
View attachment 2243359 View attachment 2243361

Funny that you should post this...see my post down the line in a few...before and after pictures of work I just had done...pretty amazing result

tuna roll

Reaction score
Funny that you should post this...see my post down the line in a few...before and after pictures of work I just had done...pretty amazing result
now you got me curious :)

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dossmiller877