• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The natural shell was one of the colors in the trunk show that ended on March 20. Your only option is to contact a sales associate or the customer assistance center and see if a natural shell shoe can be special ordered. Expect a $110 surcharge in addition to the $650 and tax.

I'm afraid to say that AE has no more natural shell.

I am not surprised that it is gone. Did you try to order a pair and were turned down? If so, when was that? Just curious. The natural shoes being shown here so far are pretty spectacular and I was sure it would not last.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I totally understand why most folks prefer Sting's work with the Police to his solo period. The Police had a more focused aesthetic, and the songs were more traditionally catchy. Plus ska and all that.

As an art music nerd, I appreciate the less focused elements of Sting's solo albums. He has a "wandering ear," and was able to travel pretty far afield stylistically, exploring elements of country, jazz, Brazilian partido altos, gospel, etc. plus he makes liberal use of complex meters and rhythms. Speaking specifically as a jazz musician, those first three albums have some pretty cool contributions from Kenny Kirkland and Branford Marsalis.

Blue Turtles, Nothing Like the Sun and Soul Cages were my three favorites of his. Can't blame the guy for wanting to expand and grow. He got tired of creating the same sound over and over again. It's just the nature of hungry artists. Gotta keep it fresh or you end up being bored to tears.

roz77

Reaction score
If anyone is interested, there is a pair of Navy Shell Cornwallis in 9.5 D at the Michigan Avenue Store in Chicago that they are trying to sell.

dfwcowboy

Reaction score
The favored ebay source for AE 3rds has a pair of black Hops in 9D that look as if they have only been worn a time or two. If I didn't already have a pair I'd be all over it. Assuming a 60% offer would be accepted, that's $114 for an almost new $500(firsts) or $400(seconds) shoe that rarely goes on sale, yet still is one of the best values AE makes, IMO.

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shaking my tree. Props to anyone who gets the musical reference.
Other brands worn are Gustin, Epaulet, and Kamakura

Led Zeppelin?

That was my first thought too, but the Lemon song is shaking your tree when I played it over in my head. I had Zep II and IV on 8 track, along with a few others at one time
shog[1].gif
Still have baby advent speakers from the late 70's or maybe it was early 80's in the bedroom. Tube amp died a couple of years ago though. Was shocked when I discovered how much a McIntosh Labs tube amp costs these days, that is a hell of a lot of shell.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Steve Miller's line in The Joker "I really love your peaches, Want to shake your tree," is a homage (or a rip off of) the country/blues/bluegrass song "Sitting on Top of the World" by the Mississippi Sheiks, cir. 1930.

"If you don't like my peaches, don't shake my tree."

It's been recorded by Bill Monroe, Howlin' Wolf, Cream, and a zillion others. In fact, the "peaches" line is older than than that and is in an Irving Berlin song from the WWI era.

/blues nerd

Codysch123

Reaction score
@smfdoc and @FaRKle
Thanks for the info. I'm so disappointed that I missed this spectacular color. I'll be on the lookout for some size 9.5D on the forum, Grailed, and EBay.

Last edited:

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@smfdoc and @FaRKle
Thanks for the info. I'm so disappointed that I missed this spectacular color. I'll be on the lookout for some size 9.5D on the forum, Grailed, and EBay.

Why not call a store and ask a sales associate? The worst that they could do is say "no." But you might get lucky.
Go for it!

FaRKle

Reaction score
I am not surprised that it is gone. Did you try to order a pair and were turned down? If so, when was that? Just curious. The natural shoes being shown here so far are pretty spectacular and I was sure it would not last.

I enquired about another pair and they called HQ to see if any more material was left. I also asked about garnet, and that's out too
frown.gif

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Budget be damned. I'm now looking at the gs350. Which is 20k higher than what I originally said. I refuse to test drive until I have my down payment saved up due to the fact I'll want to buy sooner. Anyway, walnut on a Saturday.

Fatmatt5

Reaction score
Starting Saturday with a steal. 7 pairs of Bonobos for $150. I think I can make all these work with my small, but growing AE collection...

Last edited:

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Little splash of color for Easter weekend.
4538511bb16c3564f13da2142150ad01.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fatmatt5

Reaction score
Nice! How did you manage that?
The gun laws in Oklahoma are REALLY lax.

JK, there is a discount store called 1/2 of 1/2 clothing... they had several racks of Bonobos pants on sale. My guess is they got them from some department store after a clearance or something... They were like 22 bucks a pop and I think they forgot to charge me for one hahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads