• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Middlife

Reaction score
Btw, and I say this with the utmost respect for TT, but you should all mosey on over to the Alden thread and see his collection. He doesn't just amass all the AEs........
Wow, you weren't kidding!

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's a great mod to a fantastic boot!

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Btw, and I say this with the utmost respect for TT, but you should all mosey on over to the Alden thread and see his collection. He doesn't just amass all the AEs........

I wonder which oil company TT owns. The guy spends like 5 grand a month on shoes alone.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rain made me go with the dainite soled Universities:

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great looking makeup! Were those ordered through AE? I didn't know they had that older sole. Wish my Normandy's had that over the newer softer version.

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Participating in Merlot Monday. Excuse my jacked up collar area. Just can't get it to behave.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great looking makeup! Were those ordered through AE? I didn't know they had that older sole. Wish my Normandy's had that over the newer softer version.

That sole is a beast. My Long branches may have fallen apart but the sole still has tons of life left.

I pre-ordered an Indy from Alden of Carmel with the same sole to replace the LB.

:slayer:

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
McT Monday for me!

I rarely wear black selvedge, partly because I don't pull off the white sneaker look (RIP my Puma days!) and partly because I don't know what to pair with them. Thought about tan Amoks but the contrast seemed a little steep. Initially had on my really dark bourbon Kenis but I wasn't sure about the brown in them... let alone what color belt to wear. Figured the McTs were a safe choice.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Ordered when Palo Alto store opened, they had some issues with the first and second build, these arrived today.

I don't know the Vibram Lug name, but agree w Peppercorn, it is solid and durable. Ask for the older Long Branch sole, before the gumlite, they still offer it.

Echoes14

Reaction score
It's true that there is a QC problem. Someone posted a picture recently of 1st quality natural Higgins Mill's the other day that looked horrible. But I find this all interesting because all the seconds I've received have been great. Just received a pair of Hopkinson's that look like 1st quality from the CAC. Perhaps I should order for you next time?
This is something I've been struggling with for three months with my walnut Daltons. All were ordered as firsts. The first pair I ordered had a black splotch of dye by one of the eyelets, along with another dye defect. The pair I received in exchange had stitching from the sole running up into the uppers. Pair #3 had some pretty bad tiger-striping on the left shoe, and pairs #4 and 5 both had very bad misalignment of the eyelets on the right boot. Frustrating. My wife told me to give up on them and find something else.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@TexasTexter I'm not sure what you do but I'd love to be able to aquire all the AE and Alden shoes you have acquired. I just came across your Alden collection and that alone appeared to be several thousand dollars worth and you described it as "new" haha. I'm not sure if I will ever find myself in some Aldens but your collection is rather impressive.

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@TexasTexter
 I'm not sure what you do but I'd love to be able to aquire all the AE and Alden shoes you have acquired. I just came across your Alden collection and that alone appeared to be several thousand dollars worth and you described it as "new" haha. I'm not sure if I will ever find myself in some Aldens but your collection is rather impressive.

Thank you. I'm thankful to God for his many blessings and the health and ability he gives us to be able to purchase things we enjoy. The true blessing is knowing Jesus.

Last edited:

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well.....the red Neumok 2.0 was returned. I can't think of anything that you could wear with them. But gents get ready for wild color in AE shoes. It's coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads