• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just when I think a sexier shoe exists (ignore TT's shell posts) I wear these and all is right in the world. For the record I'm going with oil tycoon.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think TexasTexter's name is a clue - the alliteration.

He is secretly a certain "JJ" who happens to own and run a very successful NFL franchise.

Lmrjfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a pair of the Yorktown in Oxblood? Opinions?
I could use another blucher and these caught my eye.

TIA

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore my Brogue Suede Strands today.

Think these might have been the first A-E shoes to come with Danite soles.

A-E no longer uses the color name "Brogue", probably because it created some confusion.

(Since someone always asks when I post picture wearing these trousers, they have embroidered game birds and guns on them.)

mingus2112

Reaction score

Does anyone have the MD Chukka yet besides the few that posted?

Are there only a few who ordered them? I've been in hiding from this thread since the Massdrop order (maybe a little before) because I have been buying too many shoes lately. I realized that staying away from the thread wasn't helping as I still bought a pair or Sandman slippers and Addison loafers.

I got my MD Chukkas about two weeks ago. I opened the outer box and then decided to leave it at that until Christmas. I'm going to wrap them up and that'll be my present to me from my three year old on Christmas Day. Crazy, I know, but it'll be exciting to open shoes on Christmas morning. Disappointing, I guess, if they don't fit or if there's a major flaw!

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there only a few who ordered them? I've been in hiding from this thread since the Massdrop order (maybe a little before) because I have been buying too many shoes lately. I realized that staying away from the thread wasn't helping as I still bought a pair or Sandman slippers and Addison loafers.

I got my MD Chukkas about two weeks ago. I opened the outer box and then decided to leave it at that until Christmas. I'm going to wrap them up and that'll be my present to me from my three year old on Christmas Day. Crazy, I know, but it'll be exciting to open shoes on Christmas morning. Disappointing, I guess, if they don't fit or if there's a major flaw!

Good thinking! Love it. Please make sure to post pictures.

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Normandy is usually reserved for getting wet/dirty. The Shakers and LBs only make appearances in late fall/winter. The rest get worn anytime outside of July-August, when I wear no-show socks or go sockless.

Nothing can compete with those Natural Welt Daltons! So envious!

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aside from my excitement of unexpectedly finding the Harrison this weekend, I had my eyes on a pair of Easton's for about 6 months or longer. These were on Ebay in my size and the seller reduced the price. Did not plan to buy two shoes this last week, but I felt like I had no choice on the Harrison, as that train is not coming around again. Anyway, tried on the Easton and the feel great. Very roomy in the toe area and snug in the heel (just how I like it). My only AE shoe that has the size listed not on the tongue, these are older than the rest of my shoes. I am sucker for plain-toe shoes, and these were priced to sell. I was also worried because these had the black insole, but it does not feel rock hard like I feared. Anyway, these aren't really anything special (like Texas's posts above), but I thought I would share because you don't see these very often. The 000 last is unique.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads