• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@peppercorn78 just curious, do you call her even for shoes located at another shoe bank? Just wondering if she would have them transferred to her store and inspect them. Don't know if that's common practice...just seems like lots of people trust her opinion on the condition of a shoe!

Yes. She would often call other stores for me to inquire about pairs, and often I would get photos. I even ordered first quality from her since I appreciated her efforts.

Of course, I bought like 13 pairs from her, so I can't imagine that everyone should expect that kind of personalized service.

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Flew into Milwaukee today and thought about stopping by the mothership.... do they do tours?

columnsofsteam

Reaction score
In my (limited) experience, outlet employees are usually willing to at least get a description of how a shoe located in another store looks, even if they don't have that shoe shipped into their store to inspect.

And a public service announcement: it seems like the outlets are selling their shoe trees at 2/$25, so if you need to stock up, this might be a good time.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always had better service via outlets. Not sure exactly why.

I think a huge key is to establish a relationship with 1 outlet and 1 retail associate/manager. That should cover all your bases. Maybe Kelly or Allison if you need specific CS assistance.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Olive Shannon Drives arrived today. Some slight lines in the finish, but other than that, completely flawless. Such a deal for firsts ($120)! Seriously, everyone should grab these via ebay store.

I'm a huge fan of the McT (own it in tan and black), but the olive ones are headed back. Too close to the tan pair, plus the SDs fit better, have better finish, work better for my casual leaning wardrobe, and are $80 cheaper.

I'll get pics up of both... if the sun ever comes out again.

abidj

Reaction score

Brown Lexingtons on dainite.

These are very nice.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Olive Shannon Drives arrived today. Some slight lines in the finish, but other than that, completely flawless. Such a deal for firsts ($120)! Seriously, everyone should grab these via ebay store.

I'm a huge fan of the McT (own it in tan and black), but the olive ones are headed back. Too close to the tan pair, plus the SDs fit better, have better finish, work better for my casual leaning wardrobe, and are $80 cheaper.

I'll get pics up of both... if the sun ever comes out again.
I'd like to see them both in good light

bathiel

Reaction score
Looking great, my man! We Patricks should all embrace green as a matter of etymology.
I would highly recommend ordering everything through Kristle at Jeffersonville. She is the best at cultivating customer loyalty. Goes above and beyond the call of duty every time.

Agree wholeheartedly. Kim and Kristle are awesome.

Bernie

Last edited:

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What if you think you might have to go straight from a meeting at work to a squishy Christmas tree lot at lunch in a steady drizzle with no time to change into boots?

You reach for your Black Hills, of course.

Frosty approves.

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You should stop by.  I'm not sure if they do tours, but I would at least go and look around.  I plan to do this eventually.

I called and asked if I could pick up my MD chukkas, but they said they ship from another warehouse. Let's see if I have time tomorrow before my flight out.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What if you think you might have to go straight from a meeting at work to a squishy Christmas tree lot at lunch in a steady drizzle with no time to change into boots?

You reach for your Black Hills, of course.

Frosty approves.

Nice. I wore my BHs in the rain while Christmas tree shopping on Saturday.

Incainwetrust

Reaction score
I've been interested in a unlined suede derby. For those who own the Allen Edmonds Boone, how do you like them? And what size should I go after? I'm a 10.5 E in the 201 last. Thanks so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members