• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread

pinkpanther

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the HT. Here's English Dot Silk #2 following my purple theme. 3-fold.

First attempt at self photo using iphone. I hope to improve the effort in the future to match pinkpanther.

Keep on snapping the photos, it is all the pics in this thread that feed my addiction! I have Macclesfield print that is similar. Love it!
fistbump.gif

I don't have any purple ties, but . . . . Well maybe just not yet.
(
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
)

You need some purple in your life.
cheers.gif

alanm

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions - that's really helpful, especially the "don't order a whole bunch straight away" suggestion, because my wishlist was getting a little out of control.........

I'm emailing David now and will post my first purchases when they come through - can't wait!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

tdude

Reaction score
@ panther

Love the blue linen. Have the same, but you're pairing I like better.
azu7upaz.jpg

That's old. Today is #87.
5yzytyra.jpg

Enthusiasm

Reaction score

Stealing this thought from scurvyfreedman today (although this may be too flashy...:devil: ). This is the dark purple diamond weave (3-fold construction) in action.
That is absolutely gorgeous... Would that be the 3/4 folded unlined one? I don't quite understand how the Hober ordering system is set up, but I'm looking to try out something just like what you're wearing there!

pinkpanther

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carbon black piccola w/ Rubinacci Sirenuse square from ASW

superb ties, and jackets, guys.

i think its time for me to place another hober order.
smile.gif

@ panther

Love the blue linen. Have the same, but you're pairing I like better.

That's old. Today is #87.

That is absolutely gorgeous... Would that be the 3/4 folded unlined one? I don't quite understand how the Hober ordering system is set up, but I'm looking to try out something just like what you're wearing there!

Scurvy - very nice. Suprisingly I do not have a black grenadine in my collection...I'll have to change that.

in stitches - thank you! It is always time to place an order with David...

tdude - thank you! The #87 is awesome
nod[1].gif

Enthusiasm - thank you! My dark purple diamond weave is the standard 3-fold construction and is lined. The diamond weaves are pretty substantial so I don't feel the need to go to 6-fold construction.

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Stealing this thought from scurvyfreedman today (although this may be too flashy...:devil: ). This is the dark purple diamond weave (3-fold construction) in action.
You and I must have the same taste. I also have both the dark (forest) green and the dark purple diamond weave ties (albeit in 6-fold configuration). They only one you are missing is navy :D

pinkpanther

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You and I must have the same taste. I also have both the dark (forest) green and the dark purple diamond weave ties (albeit in 6-fold configuration). They only one you are missing is navy
biggrin.gif
cheers.gif

...and I do have the navy, just haven't worn it since I started posting pics.
biggrin.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads