• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross-posted from the Friday Challenge thread. Green is a bit lighter IRL.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any pictures of Macclesfield #117 in real life? Thinking of getting this for Summer and do not want to wait for swatches, but I'm thrown for a loop a little bit by the "reddish purple" description of color.

pinkpanther

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any pictures of Macclesfield #117 in real life? Thinking of getting this for Summer and do not want to wait for swatches, but I'm thrown for a loop a little bit by the "reddish purple" description of color.

I don't have that one but now that you have turned my attention to it and David has restocked his diamond weaves and has some new oxford weaves I may have to include it in a new order...
nod[1].gif

Last edited:

pinkpanther

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today's Hober is the english geometric silk #21 (3-fold construction). Photo is a little washed out as the blue is a touch brighter/darker IRL.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't have that one but now that you have turned my attention to it and David has restocked his diamond weaves and has some new oxford weaves I may have to include it in a new order...
nod%5B1%5D.gif

I ended up ordering swatches today. 116 and 117 looked too different between my phone, home computer and work computer to pull the trigger.

mattcritchlow

Reaction score
Looking at the picture, I'm realizing I should have posted a close-up. Here it is:
Looks great! I have the same tie in brown with sky blue dots. Really like it.

Recently placed my next order with David. Forest Green rough thai silk and a burgundy madder twill.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dark red grossa. Finally figured out how to get some detail of the weave in an iphone photo. Needed to face the window on a brighter day.

pinkpanther

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking at the picture, I'm realizing I should have posted a close-up. Here it is:

Dark red grossa. Finally figured out how to get some detail of the weave in an iphone photo. Needed to face the window on a brighter day.

New Shoes1 and scurvy - great ties! I don't have either one...I am getting closer and closer to another order...

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

New Shoes1 and scurvy - great ties! I don't have either one...I am getting closer and closer to another order...

I have both but this thread is making me draw the same conclusion. Now I just need to wait for the diamond weave swatches to arrive.

Flyswatter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the difference between the "reppe solid silk" and "twill madder solid silk"? Both seem to have a diagonal twill texture. I'm thinking I'll have to get a navy twill as my first 7-fold sometime. :smarmy:

GradSchooler

Reaction score
Can't wait to see the new oxford weaves, David! Please get them posted soon!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads