• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
@conceptual 4est total cost of the coat?

Looking at the preorder pages, it looks like $885 for the Loden Green ($708 with "preorder") and $925 ($740 with "preorder") for the rest.

Yup, you got it!

What was the reason for lining in cotton instead of cupro?

It's just a little nicer, and something fun to do for a special project. As far as I know the sleeves will still be cupro for comfort and ease of wear. Cotton is also warmer as far as linings go, so it sort of suits the full-length nature of the coat.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X Post from WAYWT: Formosa, Rota, Vass from NMWA.

DSC07448 (1).jpg

DSC07469 (1).jpg

oulipien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may buy it and wear it riding my bike around town with Rothko Chapel turned all the way up on an old boom box bungeed to the front basket as part of my evolution.

Turned all the way up???

> It's also said that he got pretty pissed off during one of the performances of his work, saying "it's too damn fast, and too damn loud!"

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_8273.jpg
I like to think that this hat was sitting in a dark spot in nmwa world HQ on monday afternoon. And by Wednesday afternoon it was serving it's true calling, thanks to some great service from greg

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had to take up my memory sleeves multiple inches to make that jacket work for me, and sleeve length in general is problematic for me w/r/t Schneider coats -- how difficult would the great coat be to tailor? Looks incredible otherwise, really exciting to see you guys come up with something like this!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to take up my memory sleeves multiple inches to make that jacket work for me, and sleeve length in general is problematic for me w/r/t Schneider coats -- how difficult would the great coat be to tailor? Looks incredible otherwise, really exciting to see you guys come up with something like this!
Not presuming to speak for Greg and Kyle, but I don't think that in this particular case that it would be particularly hard. There is a gauntlet that could be taken off, the arm shortened from the wrist, and the cuff reattached. If you had to take the coat up from the shoulder, that is a difficult thing to do.

fllick

Reaction score
This one has been a long time coming, and both Greg and the team at Stephan Schneider have worked really hard to put this special coat together.

A little background: Stephan Schneider isn’t exactly “new” to this designing game, having his eponymous label for close to 20 years now, and as many of you know he has consistently put out beautiful outerwear. One style that we’ve been very keen on but haven’t seen in a few years is a “great coat” style, a knee-length double breasted coat. Knowing that Stephan should (and would) have a beautiful version, we dug through their archives and came up with this, Coat ARMS from Fall/Winter 06/07, “Fanatic Fanfares”.

View attachment 780829 View attachment 780830

This was close, but we knew things had to be tweaked a bit to fit in with the current Stephan Schneider aesthetic universe. What this meant was new fabrics using some of the greatest hits from recent seasons, an adjustment of the belt placement to be above the pockets and on the waist instead of the hips, and removal of the non-functional buttons on the left chest.

This creates a very modern, minimalist greatcoat with all of those special Schneider details like a covered placket and unique half-cuffs: an homage to the original design but stripped down to the essentials.

One cool thing about the belt is that it feeds through the pocket trim, which are themselves integrated into the side seams. It's a nice touch that means there are no visible belt loops should you choose to want to wear it unbelted, and fits with the more minimal aesthetic of the coat. Please note that the current photos show the belt pinned to the jacket instead of looped through the pocket trim as they will be on the production version.

Lastly, we're having the coat lined in cotton instead of the cupro that is pictured below.

View attachment 780850 View attachment 780851

We’re offering this up as pre-orders currently, although we may stock some units in the store if there is enough fabric to do so. There are four fabrics available:

View attachment 780846
100% wool in loden green: this is the one that is sampled up, and it's clear why the team chose this to represent the style: it's just a great solid color to build a solid coat.

View attachment 780857
100% wool in burgundy and charcoal: a popular fabric from FW16, this is a richly colored wool flannel that reads dark burgundy but is a mix of burgundy and charcoal yarns.

View attachment 780856
100% wool in charcoal and taupe twill flannel: a fabric from FW15, this is an awesome alternative to a more typical grey, with taupe colored yarns underneath that come through and lend it a “warmer” color than your typical grey.

View attachment 780858
100% wool in brown with grey gradient stripes: a flagship fabric from FW17, this one comes closest to capturing the effect of the original versions, by having the gradient follow the front placket.

Deadline: we want to have these ready before it gets cold this fall, and to do this we need to have all orders in sooner rather than later. Because of this, the deadline is Tuesday, May 16th.

Sizing: typical Schneider sizing. This fits me comparable to the Memory and Conservation coats we’ve done in the past, and I am wearing a size 4 in the photos. I’m a typical US36, small, 5’9” tall. I universally wear a size 4 in outerwear.

Payment: as this is a special pre-order, we ask for half now and half upon receipt of the coats in September. Be sure to use code PREORDER for 20% off.

Any chance for a navy fabric offering? Thanks!

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just checking - any discount codes for sale items currently? Would like to pick up a Bigi tie but money very tight right now!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads