• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
G. INGLESE POLO & PIQUE SHIRTS MTO ORDERS
  • Two styles available: polo shirt & full-placket pique shirt
  • All as made-up, in standard sizes. No adjustments or changes.
  • 50% deposit. Delivery expected Oct/Nov 2017.
  • Code PREORDER15 for 15% off

We're restocking our cotton pique polos and pique shirts, and wanted to give everyone the opportunity to order exactly the style, color and size they need. All those are made of the same Tessilmaglia pique cotton as our polo shirts and pique shirts, with the same sizing and measurements as this season.

In addition to our 5 standard colors, we're adding 5 colors here for MTO/pre-orders, including requested darker colors (navy, burgundy) to wear under a sport coat.

• Handsewn and shanked mother-of-pearl buttons with "crow foot" stitching; hand-attached sleeves, hand-sewn details on gussets
  • Small soft spread collar on polo shirts
  • Buttoned collar on full-placket shirts

Colors (available for both polos and shirts)

5 redux: light blue, light grey, white, denim blue, light brown

5 new: navy (stadium blue), burgundy (vermiglio), khaki (pane), rust (brandy), dark eggplant (melanzana)

Sizing

Order links

Polo shirts ($175 before discount):
http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/inde...pique-long-sleeve-polo-shirt-soft-collar.html

Full-placket shirts ($185 before discount):
http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/inde...-pique-long-sleeve-shirt-buttoned-collar.html

PRE-ORDERS OPEN UNTIL 5/18 AT MIDNIGHT ET

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words guys!

To be honest, it is what it is! I stupidly left one of my doors unlocked, and it was a crime of opportunity. They strangely took my shirts and a tie, but they left my drakes pocket squares. They did decide they wanted my old Cheaney FS029 boots, which were in my backseat. Fortunately, they left the Thuyas I received yesterday in the trunk (maybe they don't understand what they can do for a preppy wardrobe either!). Most importantly, they left my tennis rackets, squash rackets, and brand-new set of golf clubs in the trunk (for what it is worth, my trunk should have "abandon all hope all ye who enter" inscribed on it). They did, however, steal my three-six mafia CDs. Bastards.

Probably will not submit a claim to insurance - the increase to the premium is likely not worth the cost of the goods (max, maybe $600).

And I live in southern Louisiana (the real LA).

Wigglr - come to think of it, my camera did pick up that the thief was wearing a minnis houndstooth suit...

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hahaha! Aw man I'm truly sorry. Leaves a sour taste in your mouth.

Always happy to meet another squash player.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow that sucks - let me know if your insurance doesn't cover it and we'll give you a special discount to replace them.
To piggyback on this, Styleforum will work with @gdl203 to replace the the shirts and ties! This is a crime against authentic sartorialism that cannot go unanswered by the community!

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
To piggyback on this, Styleforum will work with @gdl203 to replace the the shirts and ties! This is a crime against authentic sartorialism that cannot go unanswered by the community!
Err...my 7 bespoke Attolini suits were stolen from the back of my Bentley...can you help an SFer out????

But in all seriousness, kudos to NMWA and Fok for being nice guys. The Community is Strong!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Err...my 7 bespoke Attolini suits were stolen from the back of my Bentley...can you help an SFer out????
I know a decent chop shop that will deal with your Bentley, and we can collect on the insurance for the whole shebang. Everyone wins unless someone squeals and we go to prison. Orange is actually a pretty decent color for me, but the materials and make on those things is atrocious, and we'll have to trade commissary for decent alterations.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys, I am truly astonished by the generosity. I am at a loss for words.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sucks Newc, but great response from SF.

On a different note, anyone with Formosa feel the need to have a tailor lower/widen the arm holes? I generally love the fit but feel the armholes could be opened up a bit. But not so much I'm willing to pay for the addl alterations. Wondering if anyone else had similar experience.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some nice stuff from Post-Imperial. This one's top of my list:
post_imperial_ss17_17_.jpg

This is also nice:
post_imperial_8__1.jpg

And this tee is interesting...
Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 12.07.33 PM.png

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The blocking on that tee reminds me of Margiela. Looks good to me :inlove:

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some nice stuff from Post-Imperial. This one's top of my list:
post_imperial_ss17_17_.jpg

This is also nice:
post_imperial_8__1.jpg

And this tee is interesting...
View attachment 780774

I really like that first one, too. Need some guidance on sizing though.

Sorry to hear about the theft Newc. I never leave anything of value in my car overnight. Greg and Fok :slayer:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads