• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TLB MALLORCA - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD - Advice, sizing and reviews

tper

Reaction score
Just to add my 2c, I got an email from Toni this morning at 5am Spanish time (!) double checking about a mistake I made in my custom order.
I think they're working hard to fulfill all the black friday orders.

In any case these shoes will hopefully last for years and the black friday offer was really solid so I'm perfectly fine to wait an extra week or two. To paraphrase, a delayed shoe is eventually good but a rushed shoe is forever bad.

metamodernman

Reaction score
Just to add my 2c, I got an email from Toni this morning at 5am Spanish time (!) double checking about a mistake I made in my custom order.

In any case these shoes will hopefully last for years and the black friday offer was really solid so I'm perfectly fine to wait an extra week or two. To paraphrase, a delayed shoe is eventually good but a rushed shoe is forever bad.
Completely agree. I'm in a different boat, as I got my order and need to return it, but I need size advice from Toni, as a simple size up or down isn't going to cut it this time. I'm past the return window at this point, but expect that if I am patient in awaiting the reply, Toni will sort it out for me.

This is been part of a conversation started way back in back in April. Anyone willing to talk to me the better part of a year about how to get a good fit for my wierd-arsed shaped feet gets tons of slack from me. But I've also been know to almost always choose good value and quality over speed.

dada mafiosi

Reaction score
If you wear unlined shoes your feet still sweat.

The only pro that I can see is no break in plus it feels like you are not wearing anything.

Cons are multiple :

1/ The shape does not hold very well IMO.
2/ I have low volume feet so it always feel "loose" to me and I hate that, I want to feel the shoes.
thanks @bpt7594
Guys , any further input from your end? TLB team?

dada mafiosi

Reaction score
What's the difference between TLB Goya Oxford (112) and new TLB Goya Oxford (290)

Why TLB calling 290 model as "semi formal"? what there is price difference as well?

Clowdify

Reaction score
What's the difference between TLB Goya Oxford (112) and new TLB Goya Oxford (290)

Why TLB calling 290 model as "semi formal"? what there is price difference as well?
The 112 seems to have double-row stitching across the quarter and throatline, while the 290 only has single-row stitching. I think the price difference is because the 290 has a JR sole.

Traditional dress codes dictated white tie attire as "formal" and black tie as "semi-formal." I'm guessing that the 290 is called semi-formal since it would work with a tuxedo.

NikG

Reaction score

dada mafiosi

Reaction score
The 112 seems to have double-row stitching across the quarter and throatline, while the 290 only has single-row stitching. I think the price difference is because the 290 has a JR sole.

Traditional dress codes dictated white tie attire as "formal" and black tie as "semi-formal." I'm guessing that the 290 is called semi-formal since it would work with a tuxedo.
Hi
Thanks for your feedback. But single row stitching in 290 should be considered more formal rather than semi formal.
Due to JR sole, it make sense that prices is increased but JR is more towards formal look, also price point should be 20 EUR higher if it is JR.

There must be design difference or other characteristics that's why TLB calling it semi formal and want to sell at higher price point.

Dear TLB team, please reply on the above posts on this topic

dada mafiosi

Reaction score
Hi All & TLB Team

I got a very tiny scratch on my 112 Goya Oxford , showing a white base. I am afraid if not treated correctly it may spread further, any comments.

How to stop spreading further and hide it. I have Saphir Renvateur, Black Pate De Luxe and Saphir Black Shoe Cream or should I apply something else?
1702837669890.jpeg

TLB Mallorca

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for your response. Could you possibly help me out? I believe email support is actually ghosting me. Last week they mentioned they would send me an update until Monday or Tuesday this week but never did.

At this stage I’m spending too much time chasing after my order and after this experience I’m not looking forward to receiving the shoes anymore at all.

I have no issues accepting delays in busy times as long as they are properly and proactively communicated but the silence is rather exhausting.

I would appreciate if you helped me with the cancellation of my order #18053 as email support is unresponsive. Thank you and apologies for using a public channel for this matter.

That said, I’m sure TLB is a great company and the overwhelming amount of excellent reviews speaks for itself, but in my case it was not meant to be.
Dear R,

We would like to extend our sincere apologies for the delay in responding to your messages. We understand the importance of this and regret any inconvenience caused by our delayed response.

Our team has been experiencing a higher volume of inquiries than usual, and despite our best efforts, we fell short of our usual standards in addressing them promptly. Please be assured that we are actively working to catch up and respond to each inquiry with the attention and care it deserves.

Thank you for your understanding. We also wanted to take a moment to extend our warmest wishes to you and your loved ones.

Merry Christmas.

TLB Mallorca

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi All & TLB Team

I got a very tiny scratch on my 112 Goya Oxford , showing a white base. I am afraid if not treated correctly it may spread further, any comments.

How to stop spreading further and hide it. I have Saphir Renvateur, Black Pate De Luxe and Saphir Black Shoe Cream or should I apply something else?
View attachment 2092959
Dear D,

I hope this message finds you well.

Please rest assured that the scratch is unlikely to worsen or impact the overall integrity of your shoes. Shoes are designed to endure regular wear, and minor scratches are a normal part of their journey. It won't affect the overall integrity or longevity of your footwear.

To address the scratch and maintain the pristine appearance of your shoes, we recommend applying the dark Pate. Specially formulated this dark layer, not only will conceal minor imperfections but also enhance the richness of the leather.

How to Apply:
  1. Ensure your shoes are clean and dry.
  2. Using a soft cloth or applicator brush, apply a small amount of dark pate evenly over the scratched area.
  3. Allow it to dry completely.
  4. Gently buff the area with a clean cloth to achieve a smooth finish.
If you have any concerns or questions about the process, please don't hesitate to reach us out.

Wishing you a Christmas filled with love, laughter, and the magic of the season.

R_Lizzi

Reaction score

Hope all works out for you. I thought this would be a good brand to try out. I got the same email about sizing. Measured my feet per instruction. Was told I wasn’t a UK 10 E but 9 or 9 1/2. Expressed concern and went to my local AE store for fitting on brannock device. I’m a US 11C. Most of my dress shoes are C&J 341 UK 10 E. When forwarding the info to Toni I noticed the order was canceled. He stated was an error and to send pictures wearing the C&J shoes. Sent the pictures with the shoes on. No reply after 2 weeks. I’ve moved on too many issues ordering my first pair.

metamodernman

Reaction score
Hope all works out for you. I thought this would be a good brand to try out. I got the same email about sizing. Measured my feet per instruction. Was told I wasn’t a UK 10 E but 9 or 9 1/2. Expressed concern and went to my local AE store for fitting on brannock device. I’m a US 11C. Most of my dress shoes are C&J 341 UK 10 E. When forwarding the info to Toni I noticed the order was canceled. He stated was an error and to send pictures wearing the C&J shoes. Sent the pictures with the shoes on. No reply after 2 weeks. I’ve moved on too many issues ordering my first pair.
The TLB sizing consultation is not without it's challenges. I'm a US 8.5 B, and it turns out I am just a smidge away from fitting well into a stock TLB 6.5 F. I've decided to custom order a narrow E width instead, but it was really close, and I wouldn't have even considered trying that size without Toni's suggestion.

They accidentaly canceled an order and got behind on email? If it were me, I'd take 30 seconds and send him a second reminder email, but I guess we all have our thresholds.

R_Lizzi

Reaction score
I am happy that things seem to be working for you. My experience with UK oxford shoes for me has been one size down from US for C&J and 1/2 size down for EG. It seems in your case it’s two size down. And I agree we all have our individual threshold. Mine tapped out at 3 weeks and 15 emails.

metamodernman

Reaction score
I am happy that things seem to be working for you. My experience with UK oxford shoes for me has been one size down from US for C&J and 1/2 size down for EG. It seems in your case it’s two size down. And I agree we all have our individual threshold. Mine tapped out at 3 weeks and 15 emails.
That's a respectable effort, and I can see walking away if you have a lot of other options out there. I don't, so I'm maybe a bit more motivated. I'm at 44 emails in my fit thread with Toni over the past 8 months. He's been patient with me, I've been patient with him, and anyone else would have stopped responding ages ago.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The 290 has JR sole and seamless heel, hence the upcharge. Described under more information. No idea with the "semi formal".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads