• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ledbury dress shirts

OTTOEMEZZO

Reaction score
Their shirts are good quality. It's their customer service that is currently lacking. They seem to forget to refund the money when you do a return. This has happened to me twice now when I tried to make a return (once it took them 2 months and even then, they only did so when I contacted them and pointed it out). I thought it was very unprofessional. I wrote this e-mail to them (let's see what they say):

"I am writing this letter to Ledbury as a disgruntled customer who was once a loyal follower of Ledbury.
I bought numerous shirts from Ledbury in the past and have always been impressed with the shirt quality and the customer service.
This changed recently. I had a different e-mail associated with Ledbury and I had a 20% OFF that was associated with that account that I could use at any time. However, the code somehow became disabled from that account and I was not able to log in. So, I created a new account using this e-mail after a Ledbury representative was very rude and condescending with me.
What happened recently is I purchased a shirt, The Westewood Plaid Twill. I was not satisfied with the purchase and so I returned the shirt back to Ledbury. It's been 3 weeks since the return and I still have not received the money back in my account. Sadly, this is not the first time this has happened. In the past, Ledbury has made a mistake with a return and had not credited a return back to my account for over 2 months. I believe this is very bad practice and completely unacceptable.
Needless to say, I am very disappointed with my recent experience. Whereas in the past, I've recommended my friends to Ledbury because the service and shirts were always great, I can no longer say that.
I really hope that you guys can remedy this situation as I believe it's gone way too far.
Thank you and I look forward to hearing back from you."

Let's see what they say. I believe it's truly been very unprofessional from their side and i hope they can correct this situation as I'm at the end of the rope with this company.

buckyd

Reaction score
08BB8D6A-BF7F-4ECD-A65C-6DBB7F6AFBA3.jpeg
I have 2 tuxedo shirts from Ledbury - love them!

LThomsen

Reaction score
The owner did a presentation at my school for a class on start ups. One of our alums. He trained on Jermyn St., forgot which firm. Shirts are made in Poland. He was very knowledgeable and assured me that these shirts were on par with any shirt in the 200-300 dollar retail price range because of the lower overhead of not having a brick and mortar shop.
How do ledbury shirts compare to gitman in terms of materials, construction and value ?

walkinginplace

Reaction score
I can't speak to their comparison with Gitman, but I really like the shirts I've got from them. Honestly, I like their pants even better. Probably my favorite place to get chinos from. That being said, I still think they've inflated their prices a bit much. Still wild to me that they don't get more play on here.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a slew of Ledbury shirts and love them, but I agree with @walkinginplace in that they are a little overpriced. They used to sit around the $120 mark, but now they are typically around $150-$200 and charge another $13 to shorten the sleeves. I still love their shirts, but I find myself buying from Proper Cloth a lot more these days.

LThomsen

Reaction score
I have a slew of Ledbury shirts and love them, but I agree with @walkinginplace in that they are a little overpriced. They used to sit around the $120 mark, but now they are typically around $150-$200 and charge another $13 to shorten the sleeves. I still love their shirts, but I find myself buying from Proper Cloth a lot more these days.
Do you find the shirts made by proper cloth to be better constructed and use higher quality materials?

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you find the shirts made by proper cloth to be better constructed and use higher quality materials?

No, not really. I feel like they have held up equally. I just like the fact that I can have a more customized shirt with PC that fits even better than my Ledbury shirts and for a cheaper price. I still like Ledbury a lot though.

rajesh06

Reaction score
IMO, for the same price, the Ledbury fabrics are nicer but you'll get a better fit with Proper Cloth. That's the trade-off as I see it, YMMV.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads