• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

yankeegooner

Reaction score

Well, thats a good question. I ordered the leather in January and Horween has been about 5 months late in delivering it as it only came at the end of September. Then as luck would have it, they sent the dark brown instead of this lovely roasted coffee. Since i could not afford any more delay I am having it made in the darker brown now and not this amazing color here. But they should be with me no later than mid November. Sorry. This is one of the downsides in being a shoe company: having to rely on tanneries!!

Thanks for the update. Sucks that Horween botched your order. We'll see how the dark brown looks.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Well, thats a good question. I ordered the leather in January and Horween has been about 5 months late in delivering it as it only came at the end of September. Then as luck would have it, they sent the dark brown instead of this lovely roasted coffee. Since i could not afford any more delay I am having it made in the darker brown now and not this amazing color here. But they should be with me no later than mid November. Sorry. This is one of the downsides in being a shoe company: having to rely on tanneries!!

Hey Justin,

Do any of your last last accommodate a low instep?

Thanks!

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks for the update. Sucks that Horween botched your order. We'll see how the dark brown looks.

I think that they will actually look really nice as the color was beautiful. Only that I was hoping for the reddish brown once as it is quite unique

Hey Justin,

Do any of your last last accommodate a low instep?

Thanks!

In truth, not really, I am sorry. You would have to size down half a size to lessen the amount of volume. This is what I do. Or else add a Dr. Scholls "air pillow" cushioned insole to fill up volume.

I'm not a big loafer guy, but I agree here. Those look excellent!

Thanks!

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Two MTO's for the ladies!!

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Two examples of MTO on our Stefano model. Let me know what you think.

1. Stefano: MGF last, burgundy crust calf, burgundy scotch grain, leather soles
2. Stefano: LPB last, black crust calf (softer in color than normal black), vivid blue suede, leather sole.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Two examples of MTO on our Stefano model. Let me know what you think.

1. Stefano: MGF last, burgundy crust calf, burgundy scotch grain, leather soles
2. Stefano: LPB last, black crust calf (softer in color than normal black), vivid blue suede, leather sole.

the first one looks really awesome

Trqmaster

Reaction score
Justin, would you consider doing GMTOs without the extra charge? Perhaps a minimum number of orders to do so?

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The G&G thread on SF shows how GMTOs can work and the constraints that G&G put on them to make them profitable for the company as well.

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Justin, would you consider doing GMTOs without the extra charge? Perhaps a minimum number of orders to do so?

The G&G thread on SF shows how GMTOs can work and the constraints that G&G put on them to make them profitable for the company as well.

yes, I would do so, with a minimum of 6 pairs and 50% deposits paid before processing the order to the factory.

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Would a different width be allowed if 6 are standard?

Unfortunately not my friend. The factory would still charge me a separate MTO fee for that. I would probably be able to bargain them down if I got 15-20 pairs of one standard model and one exception of width but I am sure getting 15-20 people to buy the same shoe is unlikely.

I am sorry.

On a good note, look forward to seeing you on Nov. 7th!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics