• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Anthology RTW

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I personally think grey herringbone is the easiest to work with jeans/chino/dress pants

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you want spalla camicia I think there are quite a few choice out there, Besnard come to mind? I really dislike waterfall shoulder so that was a plus for me haha

Shawn5047038

Reaction score
If you want spalla camicia I think there are quite a few choice out there, Besnard come to mind? I really dislike waterfall shoulder so that was a plus for me haha
Right, Besnard. Besnard sticks to Florentine style, which I'm not a fan of it. I love front darts. The roped shoulder exaggerates my shoulders too much, and the waterfall shoulder doesn't since my shoulders are strong.

I will try to grab the chance to join the Anthology's trunk show next time. I saw their pictures of the Suit Walk event 2024 in Taipei, Taiwan on Instagram. The Anthology style hit my sweat spot so hard.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ha maybe try Ring Jacket Armoury Model 3 as well (or even RJ's own 254 and 269?), though given how much Ring Jacket px has gone up probably better stick with Anthology anyway...

bonus point, Anthology's MTO turn around time was quick too (at least my very first commission)

Shawn5047038

Reaction score
ha maybe try Ring Jacket Armoury Model 3 as well (or even RJ's own 254 and 269?), though given how much Ring Jacket px has gone up probably better stick with Anthology anyway...

bonus point, Anthology's MTO turn around time was quick too (at least my very first commission)
Hahaha, I have the Armoury Model 3 Ring jackets already. They are great! I have model 253 and 269 suits via Rakuten online shopping from Ring Jacket Outlet. I found the Japanese models have shorter shoulder widths compared to Armoury's model 3. I like Ring Jacket a lot.

As per Anthology's MTO, I have a question that I'm kind of afraid to ask them.
What is the process of the MTO? Correct me if I'm wrong. Does the MTO only allow me to choose the size of the jacket and the fabric? Can I set the sleeve length or jacket length in MTO?
I have the Anthology's RTW in oatmeal herringbone jacket. The overall jacket fits me very well. The chest and shoulder are right on point. I only sent it to my tailor to shorten the sleeve length.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
best to ask them, I don’t even know if they do MTO in oversea trunk show, I did my first jacket (which now come to think about it was probably MtM) while I travelled to Taiwan, the 4x1 bespoke was done during NY trunk show (can’t do 4x1 DB via MTM).

If you can still do MTO for oversea I would think shoulder type/sleeve length/jacket length is probably part of it

Adman West

Reaction score
Can anyone compare the fit/sizing of Anthology’s sport coats to the Armoury model 3? Model 3 in size 48 is my go to but I really like some of the Anthology models

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m probably the minority but I’m EU46/US36 (Anthology/PRL/RLBL/RLPL/Husbands Paris/Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole/Tom Ford/BB Milano/Kiton/Atolini/Canali/Corneliani/fashion brand on and on and on) between regular and short everywhere EXCEPT in mode 3 I’m EU44

Shawn5047038

Reaction score
Can anyone compare the fit/sizing of Anthology’s sport coats to the Armoury model 3? Model 3 in size 48 is my go to but I really like some of the Anthology models
I'm in size EU50/US40 (The Armoury/Anthology/Kiton/Canali/Ring Jacket/ Brunello Cucinelli) and between short and regular. If you are perfectly fit in your size in model 3 on your chest and shoulders, then the anthology also fits you well.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I personally think grey herringbone is the easiest to work with jeans/chino/dress pants
I like these in this order. Still uncertain with sizing so do not want to order...I wonder if they'll have a trunk show on the west coast in SF ever. It would be nice to try on their RTW in person.

1. https://theanthology.net/shop/sport-jackets/wool-tweed-sport-jacket-oatmeal-herringbone

2. https://theanthology.net/shop/sport-jackets/wool-sport-jacket-the-anthology-x-jkf-man-harris-tweed

3. https://theanthology.net/shop/sport-jackets/wool-tweed-sport-jacket-grey-herringbone

4. https://theanthology.net/shop/sport-jackets/merino-wool-sport-jacket-black-white-houndstooth

I am thinking about this, too--https://theanthology.net/shop/sport-jackets/linen-cotton-twill-sport-jacket-french-navy

All seem very versatile all-in-all.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All good choices but what’s your weather like, don’t get tweed if you can’t wear it because too hot

Edit and for me personally darker color always work better so I have a preference for that not sure in your case

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in size EU50/US40 (The Armoury/Anthology/Kiton/Canali/Ring Jacket/ Brunello Cucinelli) and between short and regular. If you are perfectly fit in your size in model 3 on your chest and shoulders, then the anthology also fits you well.

Model 3 vs anthology, which is bigger in EU50?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads