• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Anthology RTW

jeremygo

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with RTW sport coats and suits from The Anthology? I've been eyeing the grey tweed herringbone SC, which seems like a great option for the price - but was curious what others' experience has been.

Relovar

Reaction score
Resurrecting this thread (since it's the closest thing I could find to a general Anthology discussion thread). Has anyone had any recent experience with The Anthology's tailoring?

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like it, thought mine was MtM but I would have fit in their RTW pretty well, it's pretty TTS in general, might run on the short side depends on your personal preference

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So what’s the reason Anthology is not as much discussed as other similar brands of size or price range on the internet?

The herringbone beige odd jacket has been on my radar since last year. It seems very versatile. Reminds me very much of a jacket Eidos released around NY Blues era.

Their jackets also seem to have the ideal pattern with lower gorge, buttoning, lapel width, and wider shoulders. Fabric choices for RTW seem well thought out. The rerelease of the JKF jacket also intriguing.

@jeremygo did you end up with anything? Do just like Drakes more?

epsilon22

Reaction score
@gettoasty I actually ended up picking up a grey herringbone from NMWA x Sartoria Carrara instead of The Anthology model.

I’d still like to try something from The Anthology - nice price point and the guys who run it seem great, just havent found the right thing to pull the trigger on yet.
Did you get RTW from NMWA or MTO/MTM? Do you mind sharing the price point? Interested in some patterned sport coats as well and both The Anthology and NMWA/Carrara are on my radar.

jeremygo

Reaction score
Did you get RTW from NMWA or MTO/MTM? Do you mind sharing the price point? Interested in some patterned sport coats as well and both The Anthology and NMWA/Carrara are on my radar.
I did RTW preorder (for the model below) and am very impressed with it.

Now that I’ve gotten 1 sport coat from them and seen the fit and quality (both great!) I’m very likely to get MTO from them in the future. At the price point (starting at $1.4K) it honestly seems like one of the best MTO deals out there.

epsilon22

Reaction score
Definitely looks tempting at that price. Do you happen to know The Anthology's MTO/M price points as well?

I'm also curious about their camel polo coat, but they don't have international free returns, so it's a bit risky to blindly order one. I'll probably check if they bring fitting garments during their trunk shows.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So what’s the reason Anthology is not as much discussed as other similar brands of size or price range on the internet?

The herringbone beige odd jacket has been on my radar since last year. It seems very versatile. Reminds me very much of a jacket Eidos released around NY Blues era.

Their jackets also seem to have the ideal pattern with lower gorge, buttoning, lapel width, and wider shoulders. Fabric choices for RTW seem well thought out. The rerelease of the JKF jacket also intriguing.

@jeremygo did you end up with anything? Do just like Drakes more?

Not sure, probably just hard to try on, they have a lot trunk show client though

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The hard to try on is certainly one factor, for me too. Their email communication is responsive and helpful for sizing advice. I just don’t trust myself lol

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely looks tempting at that price. Do you happen to know The Anthology's MTO/M price points as well?

I'm also curious about their camel polo coat, but they don't have international free returns, so it's a bit risky to blindly order one. I'll probably check if they bring fitting garments during their trunk shows.
I wasn’t interested in their MTM but they only offered bespoke for the blazer I was interested in. I certainly would have bought it OTR.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
their RTW fits me pretty well, but I have sooo many jackets, hard to justify some replicating stuff

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any past trunk shows happened in the SF Bay Area? That would be something I'd be interested in attending if only to get a feel of their fit before purchasing.

I informed them the Drakes Games jacket fits pretty well OTR and they recommended to stick with the same size (48). I am thinking sizing up to 50 to wear knits underneath but the team at the Anthology still recommended to stay with 48.

The black cord set up they have really has a cool factor to it, too. I can't get over buttoned front pants though ha.

Shawn5047038

Reaction score
I know the Anthology will have an NYC trunk show in March. I don't have the grey tweed herringbone jacket but I have an oatmeal one. Their RTW quality is beyond my expectations. Even though the tweed fabric is a bit heavy, I can feel the weight is distributed very well on my shoulders.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm going to the March trunk show to hopefully have my 4x1 DB final fitting, the houndstooth in RTW is pretty good, already have grey herringbone jacket covered from elsewhere else that's a staple

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads