• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments SS12

booke3c

Reaction score
Can anyone find a Brookline camo jacket in sz:s or sz:m ??
it seems all sold out everywhere.............
need it!!!

Curholm

Reaction score
Just got the Olive Twill Bedford in Medium yesterday and thought I'd confirm what previous posters have stated:
The fit is very similar to SS11.
A little bit tighter over the chest area and half an inch (or a full inch) shorter. The length of the arms seem to have been shortened as well, maybe half an inch. It really does not differ much from SS11.
The olive color is really something else, has to be seen in real life. This jacket will definitely sell out before the first rays of spring sun hits us.

Last edited:

S-NMBR

Reaction score
Thank You catchh for the very helpful links!

I have just receive few items, some form OiPolloi and some other from The Bureau.
As usual both was faster and reliable.

I make a small review about the fit of the summer items I've just try, if this can help.

First of all, I'm a L-XL fit, trouser I'm 36 inch.

I own few items form the FW and also form the last summer.
From the bedford (charcoal, corduroy) to the Landsdown (herirngbone wool) till the Coleman (Duck canvas) and also the Cruiser Jacke tin melton loden
Well, jackets are all XL sizes, with the problem of the sleeves length... that are really too long.
Coleman is L and fit me well, but the armhole si very very narrow.

I have just bought the Landsdown in cotton checks grey tone, wonderful fabrics and color. But the XL is too slim if compared with the winter style... it fit me like the Coleman L, and Armhole is embarrassing! I really don't know who is the pattern maker that have design this harmhole :(
By the way, no way out: I love EG and I can accept this defect (because is clearly a defect, never seen and armhole so narrow in an XL jacket).

The Cruiser jacket in coated cotton that is very wonderful for fabrics and the new details.... is also weird.
The winter fit was easy and little bit useful as a cover jacket... so I was easily wear over a jacket, but now the fit si slim and the L size is good for me, but is intended for a very tight fit.

I may like, but if I see the look book the styles seems more comfortable..so my question is: the Cruiser is intend to be an overjacket (to wear over a suit jacket) or summer jacket to wear over (only) a shirt, a vest or a t-shirt?

Engineered Garments Japan show it little bit comfortable, Tres Bien Shop or Hipstore, show it so tight and slimmer.

It's not easy to understand
baldy[1].gif

Let me know what you think about it thanks.

About the new fatigue trousers: nothing to say, they are better that the previous one edited for the WORKADAY line. I live this fit and I hope that EG stay on this line of fit.
I've bought the military green and the blu, so for the whole summer I'm covered.

Also the Douglas shirt in XL, blue twill fit me well, is a bit over and is the way I like...

So, what I think is that there's always big difference form season to season.. sometimes items seems more bigger that the stated size or smaller too... there's a strange behavior from fabric to fabric... the armhole are very narrow (and my brother that is pattern maker that work from about 20 year from some of the best brand say that this problem may be solved, but it need to be redesign also based on the materials of course).
This way it's very difficult to purchase on line... I really love to heard what you think about how you feel EG fit....

Thanks, and sorry for my poor english....

shog[1].gif

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

New stock up at Context, End and Arrows (Hawaiian Chauncy for $150, badass, but don't know if I could pull it off).

no one can "pull off" a hawaiian print. its ridiculous by nature. it will look ridiculous on anyone. embrace ridiculous.

JO3B

Reaction score
that video is void of any style whatsoever. i hate being the hater but neither the dude nor that chick have any idea what they're doing.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yes, that video is terrible. I don't get it.

I love that peacock print popover at Arrow, that is the perfect shirt for that pattern I think.

akjc

Reaction score

I have this piece from a few years ago. Can anyone give me some info on it and how much I can sell it for? It's a great hoodie and the details are amazing, but it's just a bit too snug for me and not really my style. It's a medium, so if anyone has any interests PM me so we don't clutter up this thread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads