• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score
for last 5/6 seasons I've bought Railroad / Work jackets , they seem narrow at the shoulder and bulbous at the bottom ..

Shingles

Reaction score

Lol, no. Only way you'll get a discount is at end-of-season sales.

Gift? how much did you buy?
Most I've gotten is no tax/free ship, and I thought I bought tonnage.

If your out of state it's always no tax/ free ship.
I bought a bunch throughout the season, a few suits, shirts, shorts etc. SS11 was a good one

No? Not even if you buy for like $4000?
To me it's a matter of taking care of your customers and showing appreciation. I usually get discounts when buying in stores for a lot less amounts.

Canstyleace, flyinglotus
How can I as a non us citizen take advantage of tax free purchases when I visit the US, someone told me there are some papers that the stores can fill out if you show them your passport and you'll get to buy free of tax. Do you know? Thanks a lot

Dino19

Reaction score
I have a SS13 Chambray RailRoader jacket & it fits me well.

The Coverall is also an interesting piece worthwhile considering.

lawlercon

Reaction score
I've got a fw11 railroader and it sort of fits very wide in the back and narrow at the top end. Still an amazing piece but it does have an interesting fit.

TWorksheets

Reaction score

I've got a fw11 railroader and it sort of fits very wide in the back and narrow at the top end. Still an amazing piece but it does have an interesting fit.

for last 5/6 seasons I've bought Railroad / Work jackets , they seem narrow at the shoulder and bulbous at the bottom ..

I have a SS13 Chambray RailRoader jacket & it fits me well.

The Coverall is also an interesting piece worthwhile considering.

Thanks dudes.

My apologies for the confusion, but I meant sizing for the shirting in general. Specifically, I've been seeing 18+ inch shoulder measurements on sz. Small shirts, which typically come in at 17-17.5". Then again, if my years of buying clothing online have taught me anything it's that posted measurements are straight up wrong about 2/3 of the time

Knight

Reaction score
Did you happen to get a full list of the available colourways/fabrics for that jacket? I'd really like to pick that up this season as well.

My list of planned buys from this season just keeps growing and growing beyond my budget ;_;

Still not sure on the sizing though. As Dino pointed out, many of the online measurements for shirts seems to indicate much wider shoulders than in the past

does it have a cord collar ? ^^

No i didnt sadly i went through the process of calling Nepenthes and asking them or Steven and Gary at Drinkwaters and they kindly obliged. I got an Email from End clothing the other day and theyre receiving the Coverall Jkt in Brown Duck canvas, Blue Duck canvas, and Black duck canvas, plus its also available in Indigo denim. It might also be available in natural denim -- i wouldnt be surprised.

From the picture it doesnt have a cord collar (which i dont really care for) but there are cord details like under the throat tab etc... The Railroad and the Coleman jackets have corduroy collars so maybe thats your best bet.

El QUaG

Reaction score

I placed a customer order with Gary just recently and I'm quite pumped. The jacket that ill be getting this year is the Coverall Jacket. Love the finish and the detail. It's pictured in denim but I ordered the brown duck canvas. Can't wait I need something like this.

Do you know if they will also apply contrast stitching on the brown duck canvas?

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I see another question about button shawls from toasty I'm gonna keel over.

Yes, they are re-releasing them.

Hopefully you can buy one so you don't have to ask 1,000 times about trying to find stock. Brace yourself!

Last edited:

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Toasty:
Button Shawl:

Red/Navy Heavy Twill Plaid
Grey/Navy Heavy Twill Plaid
Black/Blue Heavy Twill Plaid
Dark Navy/Heather Grey Wide Stripe
Dark Navy/Red Wide Stripe
Black/Blue Wide Stripe
Grey 12oz All Wool Flannel
Red 12oz All Wool Flannel
Dark Navy 12oz All Wool Flannel
Black 12oz All Wool Flannel
Mixed Multicolored Plaid
Grey Wool HB/Windowpane
Navy Wool HB/Windowpane

Like the idea of a grey herringbone windowpane one myself...

lawlercon

Reaction score

Do you know if they will also apply contrast stitching on the brown duck canvas?

It's probably going to be the white triple chain stitch, if I had to guess.

lawlercon

Reaction score

Thanks dudes.

My apologies for the confusion, but I meant sizing for the shirting in general. Specifically, I've been seeing 18+ inch shoulder measurements on sz. Small shirts, which typically come in at 17-17.5". Then again, if my years of buying clothing online have taught me anything it's that posted measurements are straight up wrong about 2/3 of the time

What shirts in specific are you talking about? It may be an intended larger measurement w/ shorter sleeve lengths for a certain aesthetic. I really don't have much experience in EG shirting other than miner shirts and work shirts though, so if you're talking 19th century or tab collar - I probably cannot be much help.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
latinphrases33