• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Favorite Vass Last

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
F, U and 3636

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have narrow feet, so U.. But would like a Peter or F..

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I wish that the 3636 was the K last.

But yes.

- B

yeah i know would be quite comical, perhaps we should rename it just for the fora's?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Leffot
Yarnsforth

Let's just say I'm the curious type.

If you stock U and F, for each nominal size you will be able to fit a fairly wide variety of feet given that Vass do not come in different widths.

If you stock these retail, also go with the spring trees...people have variable luck on half sizes with the three piece trees.

Keep in mind, though, that the U and F are citified Ugolini designs. I'm not sure that they are convincingly competitive in NYC...very good Northampton machine-made shoes can be had. You might do better to stock iconic or Mittel Europa lasts like the 3636, Peter or Budapest if only to have something that others do not.

The romance of hand lasting and welting in a RTW shoe is going to appeal to a very small group, even in the Big City.

- B

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leffot: great pics on your blog. I'll have to stop by when I am in NYC sometime.

One question: where does the Psycho Bunny fit in? I don't think I get it but I might buy something Psycho Bunny and pretend I do.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads