• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks Ben, I appreciate it.

Sorry it took a while... I had to bring jackets home from the office/warehouse so that my wife could take the pics since I'm usually alone at the office/warehouse!

I'm 5'10" 160 lbs for frame of reference. Note that these shots are taken from a lower vantage point.

Here below is the 38R:

And here below is the 38L, which for this pic I folded the sleeves up because it looked ridiculous. As you can see the length of the Long has my fingertips just touching the bottom of the jacket, which to me is way too long especially with current trends being a lot shorter than the jacket lengths at which I've styled the Benjamin models. But again, I understand there are differing opinions and tastes when it comes to clothing, style and silhouette. My intention is to offer a style that is current yet conservative without being trendy.

gimmeabreak

Reaction score
Are the 2- and 3- button Benjamin sport coats cut from exactly the same pattern? (i.e. is the difference just the lack of an extra button, or are there other subtle things going on with button stance, lapels, etc)?

Last edited:

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Sorry it took a while... I had to bring jackets home from the office/warehouse so that my wife could take the pics since I'm usually alone at the office/warehouse!

I'm 5'10" 160 lbs for frame of reference. Note that these shots are taken from a lower vantage point.

Here below is the 38R:

And here below is the 38L, which for this pic I folded the sleeves up because it looked ridiculous. As you can see the length of the Long has my fingertips just touching the bottom of the jacket, which to me is way too long especially with current trends being a lot shorter than the jacket lengths at which I've styled the Benjamin models. But again, I understand there are differing opinions and tastes when it comes to clothing, style and silhouette. My intention is to offer a style that is current yet conservative without being trendy.

Thanks Ben, this is very helpful.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Are the 2- and 3- button Benjamin sport coats cut from exactly the same pattern? (i.e. is the difference just the lack of an extra button, or are there other subtle things going on with button stance, lapels, etc)?

The suit jackets modeled above are the Napoli model but with a structured shoulder. The Benjamin sport coats are the same exact cut but have a natural shoulder, so for all intensive purposes they are pretty much the same cut - just a different shoulder.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of you post pics of yourselves in the sport jackets!

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

As an aside, I paid a visit to the Boggi shop in Sloan Square earlier this week and tried on several jackets. All of them were probably a good full 1" shorter than my jackets and they still covered the seat and looked great to me. Very Italian - not for everyone, but I do get inspiration from the likes of Boggi. As I may have mentioned before, I think I'm going to make my lapels slightly wider either via a new model or existing model. We'll see...

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

So, this is on its way to my house, and I'm pretty excited about it. What would you pair it with?

I'm kind of predictable, so for trousers the obvious choice would be charcoal, but if you're daring you can go for a nice pair of brick red/rust!

gimmeabreak

Reaction score
The suit jackets modeled above are the Napoli model but with a structured shoulder. The Benjamin sport coats are the same exact cut but have a natural shoulder, so for all intensive purposes they are pretty much the same cut - just a different shoulder.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of you post pics of yourselves in the sport jackets!

Thanks, yes I was clear that the difference between the suit and the sport coats is only the softer shoulder. So in regards to 2 vs 3 button sport jackets, I can assume the cuts are exactly the same save for the extra button?
Also, I am curious if you plan a summer line (i live in Texas, so it would be stupid to overstock on winter cashmere offerings :) )

JEdge

Reaction score
Are you expecting any additional stock of Benjamin Suits, specifically the Napoli line before the Holidays?

Last edited:

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks, yes I was clear that the difference between the suit and the sport coats is only the softer shoulder. So in regards to 2 vs 3 button sport jackets, I can assume the cuts are exactly the same save for the extra button?
Also, I am curious if you plan a summer line (i live in Texas, so it would be stupid to overstock on winter cashmere offerings :) )

Yes - I'm headed to Biella again next week to look at Spring fabrics! :)

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Woops yes also the 2 and the 3 roll 2.5 are the same cut.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Are you expecting any additional stock of Benjamin Suits, specifically the Napoli line before the Holidays?

What size Napoli were you looking for in the suit? I have a few here in London that aren't online that I was planning to transfer over to the US. Mostly charcoal in a few sizes and one navy I believe...

JEdge

Reaction score
Looking for Navy 40R, but will settle on the Navy Classico II thats currently on the website if necessary.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Looking for Navy 40R, but will settle on the Navy Classico II thats currently on the website if necessary.

Sorry no navy Napoli in 40R... we have one in charcoal, but otherwise for navy 40R it's just the Classico II.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads