1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Jun 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. esk8mw

esk8mw Active Member

Just to clarify - is the new product loaded onto the site yet or is the sale intended to clear room from existing inventory for the new items when they arrive? I am a huge fan of the Benjamin Sartorial suits, looking to get more, but didn't see anything new (or at all) in 40R.

2. eHaberdasher

eHaberdasher Well-Known Member

This is to clear the current/old stock to make room for the new. Once the new stock is on they will not be on sale (the new stock). Hope that makes it more clear.

3. redbeardedmike

redbeardedmike Active Member

Did the shirt measurements disappear? I wanted to check those for the 15.5 and the measurement link on the website does not display and measurement info. This is true for both new and old stock shirts. I checked a couple of other sizes and didn't see them there either.

4. eHaberdasher

Sorry for the confusion - there seemed to be a mix-up with the shirt measurements between the older shirts made by a different factory (photos with the grey background and model name B115) and the shirts made by the new factory (white background with model names Giacomo and Tremiti - which are actually the same exact model). The newer shirts are slightly fuller than the older shirts and are basically an intermediate trim fit, if that helps at all. Hopefully we'll have the measurements up after the weekend.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  5. thisfits

thisfits Well-Known Member

Not sure if it makes a difference at this point, but I'll throw in a vote for the wider 3.75" lapels. That number looked ridiculously wide to me online, and I really like the 3" lapel on the Benjamin Sartorial suits, but when I was actually hands on with both "Naturale" and "Naturale Nuovo" jackets, something about the wider lapel looked so much better--"balanced", for lack of a better word. It won me over.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. eHaberdasher

To be fair the Naturale Nuovo model has lapels that are slimmer than what we normally do - I was trying them out and do not plan to be making those anymore with the more fashion forward styles. I may yet revisit the wider lapel of the Naturale but we'll see...

7. patliean1

patliean1 Well-Known Member

So if I understand correctly regarding various lapel widths on your Benjamin models:

Naturale Nuovo - 8cm
    Naturale - 9cm
    (older model) Naturale? - 9.5cm

Thanks for your help in this regard. I'm just trying navigate on your site to understand each models/styles.

8. Riva

Riva Well-Known Member

Ugh and I just ordered 5 Benjamin suits like 10 days ago...

9. dls160

dls160 Well-Known Member

Have the new sportcoats arrived yet? Will you have this windowpane in a 41/42L?
    [​IMG]

10. doodledoc

doodledoc Well-Known Member

Ben, he is a loyal customer. You should retroactively apply the discount to his suits. He bought 5 of them!

11. doodledoc

doodledoc Well-Known Member

What's the difference between the Classico II model navy suit and the new ones?

12. Riva

Riva Well-Known Member

+ 1 SC too :)

13. gimmeabreak

gimmeabreak Active Member

Eh, that's a pity :( (I was hoping for at least 3.5" ; at least I will save a lot of money :)).

It is strange, but I think the 3" borderline works on suits (i have a classico), but all the sportcoats I have with 3 or even 3.25 lapels just annoy me :(. I have a couple of sportcoats from the benjamin luxury collection, with the almost 3.25" lapel; love the fabrics and the fit, but the damned lapels make me go "eh..." every time I wear them :'(

1 person likes this.
  14. Riva

Riva Well-Known Member

To me the Classico II's lapels are just perfect and matches well with my slim ties. Any wider and it'll look odd in this modern environment.

15. patliean1

patliean1 Well-Known Member

100% Agree.

16. scatterbrain

scatterbrain Well-Known Member

Quote:
    Thanks for sharing the pic, thisfis.

My acceptable range is 3" - 3.75". Based on my build, I think 3.5" is ideal. I have a 4.25" jacket that feels clownish.

I won't buy anything less than 3". I feel <3" looks too skinny on me. I'm a 40R when in shape and a 42R when not.

There's a relationship to the fabric, too. I would feel more comfortable adding wider lapels (3.75) to a solid fabric to add some visual interest. I love this jacket, for example, with 3.25ish inch lapels, but would probably feel that 3.75 might be a bit much:
    [​IMG]

Someday I would like to find a jacket with lapels shaped like Liverano's - wide lapel, lower gorge, roll 2.5. I feel like it's a little silly, but I like it.
    [​IMG]
    That could just be because I love Florence and want to retire there, though.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  17. Riva

Riva Well-Known Member

If the fabric has lots of colorful contrasting patterns that makes the lapels more obvious it may look clownish.

18. eHaberdasher

Naturale Nuovo is like 7cm. Naturale is 9cm. These are jacket only models and are half canvassed in the Benjamin blue label.

The 9.5cm is the first Bella Spalla model (solid black) - the Benjamin line made in Italy.

We are introducing a new Bella Spalla model that is made in Italy again (but different factory in Napoli), half canvassed, with 8cm lapels (a little over 3").

1 person likes this.
  19. eHaberdasher

Don't worry - your loyalty will not go unnoticed and will be rewarded!:)

20. eHaberdasher

Yes - will have this in the 41L/42L.