• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

MMoon24

Reaction score
Hey Ben, been doing my research in finding my first new nice suit. Came across your website, but was a bit confused on a few things.

From my research on SF, it seems the Lucente and Maestro fits appear to be your slim ones. However, I don't see these suits on your website. Are you guys just sold out right now?

I'm 5'10, 165 with a 40R or 40L measurement depending on who's measuring me. So I figure one of those would be more appropriate for me.

Last edited:

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The Maestro was not a slim fit... the Lucente was the original slim fit which ebolved to the Granoro which then evolved to what is now the Classico II, so that's the one you want!

MMoon24

Reaction score
The Maestro was not a slim fit... the Lucente was the original slim fit which ebolved to the Granoro which then evolved to what is now the Classico II, so that's the one you want!

Thanks! Also, what's the difference between the Classico II and Napoli?

Edit: Hm...the chest size for the jacket appears 43 inches, while I'm a 38.

Last edited:

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Where do you see the chest of a 38 measuring 43"? (Link?)

The chest measurement of a garment is always 2-4" larger than the chest size it is intended to fit to allow for movement and factoring in the fabric and interlining.

The Napol suiti has a different shoulder than the Classico with a softer shoulder pad and slightly wider shoulder and a more suppressed waist and slimmer trousers (which we can switch for you).

Please note the Napoli sport jackets have a soft natural shoulder vs the slightly structured shoulder of the Napoli suit. Also the waist isn't as suppressed as tge Napoli suit jacket.

I hope that all makes sense. At the end of the say they fit similarly and you should not wear two different sizes based on the model.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Oh you originally said size 38 had a 43" chest... you just linked to a 39/40, which is correct.

We only have handful of Napoli model suits in London which are not online and are being transferred to the USA next week. They are almost all charcoal except for a navy in 38R.

Last edited:

scypticalchymist

Reaction score
Do you have plans for a larger production in the new year for Napoli suits? The new sport coats look beautiful by the way!

azumi

Reaction score
Do you have any discount for Thanks giving or Christmas?

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ideally:

38S is like 29
38R is like 30.5
38L is like 31.5

I'd save give half an inch for a more conservative length. Take half an inch for a more "modern" length.

I reckon those measurements are pretty spot on for a 40r (my size) I'm biased though being 6"2 anything under 30 is too short. Pity as the new coats are great. Can't please everyone though!

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Do you have plans for a larger production in the new year for Napoli suits? The new sport coats look beautiful by the way!

I'm not sure on the Napoli suit model - I'll definitely at least be making the trousers fuller, if not just using the Classico model pant. I'll keep you guys posted... what draws you to the Napoli over the Classico II?

The jackets have not been selling as quickly as I thought they would, but those who have bought and heard back from have had overwhelmingly positive things to say about them - I hope a few who might be on SF are willing to post pics and thoughts! I'm quite pleased with them, and was jut in Biella this past Monday buying more fabrics for both suits and jackets. Just still waiting to hear more feedback on the fit and model before making some small adjustments and tweaking the model.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Do you have any discount for Thanks giving or Christmas?

Not really since we already discount... although we are often marking things down permanently so be sure to check the sale section from time to time. We will be auctioning off Benjamin suit or jacket with SF's annual Holiday Charity auction, so you may be able to scoop up a Benjamin suit or jacket at a discount and have the proceeds going to a great cause at the same time! :slayer:

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I reckon those measurements are pretty spot on for a 40r (my size) I'm biased though being 6"2 anything under 30 is too short. Pity as the new coats are great. Can't please everyone though!

At 6'2", you may very well be the first person I know to wear a 40R and not a Long. That being said the 39/40L jackets sold out a LONG time ago - I think 3 customers scooped up all that we had, but no worries - we'll be getting more eventually!

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I've become good at working out what brands make longer regulars pretty much. Belvest and Caruso are 2 that fit me well. Some Belvest longs are even slightly too long!

Caruso has so many models including quite a few that actually run on the shorter side with many much shorter than the Benjamins.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads