• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Work: Billable Hours vs. Internet Fora Hours

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
Now now ... you submitted seriously fraudulent timesheets and were reprimanded for your misdeeds on three separate occasions. Each time you flatly denied any wrongdoing and claimed to have worked the hours submitted. Your last week with the firm you spent 29 out of 35 hours visiting a non-work related Internet site and yet your time sheet indicated a total of 35 hours divided between two client projects ... which you had the audacity to mail to us -- via the USPS -- after you were terminated. You not only lied ... you broke the law. We simiply couldn't afford a liability the likes of you.

Your employment was terminated only after the firm consulted its lawyers who advised us to take that action against you. As to your Internet addiction, it was only after you were "let go" that you alluded to any potential addiction. Had you possessed an ounce of integrity, we might have acted differently. But, you absolutely refused to admit to any wrongdoing even though it was plainly obvious.

You were well paid for work you didn’t do. We owe you nothing. However, we wish you well in your future endeavors.

PS Stop refering to yourself as young and poor. You're over 40 and have a "comfortable" trust fund to keep you going.

You left out some key details in your intial post. One might almost think you are either a) creating this story or b) engaging in an ad hoc rescue at this point. However, the thought of you staring in a mirror, to see around corners and spy on a worker, is well worth the effort to read this thread.
laugh.gif

Never change RSS. You inspire us all!

Originally Posted by Teacher
I wish I had a trust fund.

I do too, but I'm thinking RSS can tell us what it's like.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
You left out some key details in your intial post. One might almost think you are either a) creating this story or b) engaging in an ad hoc rescue at this point. However, the thought of you staring in a mirror, to see around corners and spy on a worker, is well worth the effort to read this thread.
laugh.gif

Never change RSS. You inspire us all!

hehe .
+1
seems to me this guy in a power position over someone else , they all can either use that power to help or to break that someone down, he chose to break someone down , who basically is no different from this guy the op. speaks alot for one's character.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
hehe .
+1
seems to me this guy in a power position over someone else , they all can either use that power to help or to break that someone down, he chose to break someone down , who basically is no different from this guy the op. speaks alot for one's character.

You know my boss?

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
This is smart. I would think that most large organizations have websense installed. They can not only see what sites you look at, but how much time you waste on them down to the minute. When I deployed it people hated me. Oh reports are conveniently categorized so that adminstrators/managers can see how much pr0n you're fapping to at a glance.
laugh.gif

Anyway, the software really pays for itself in increased productivity.

Quick question about that kind of software. If I have multiple programs open such as outlook, excel, word, another work program as well as the internet but does the program count all the hours the internet connection was open as time spent on the internet or can it tell if I am actually working and using the other necessary websites? It's never come up as an issue but I was always curious.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wait...are you guys being serious? This guy was ripping off his employer AND not doing his work. Plus, remember that RSS isn't the one who fired him; someone else at his firm did.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
[T]he thought of you staring in a mirror, to see around corners and spy on a worker, is well worth the effort to read this thread.

Never change RSS.

When I was a child ... there was a spy toy allowing one to see over or around walls. Maybe I need one of those.
devil.gif
Sadly I can't remember what it was called.

Oh well ... I'll just have to rely on the already installed mirror ... which makes a quick glance so very easy. Given its cost ... it will be a great savings when considering the $75 per hour we were paying our Internet surfer.

As for changing ... I'm not one to tamper with absolute perfection.
wink.gif

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
Wait...are you guys being serious? This guy was ripping off his employer AND not doing his work. Plus, remember that RSS isn't the one who fired him; someone else at his firm did.
Teacher ... it's my firm ... so I take responsibility for that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads