• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why do you exercise?

m.gway

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
Apparently this question has not been asked.

So why do you spent time/money/wake up early in the morning to do all that?

I was tired of being mediocre.

lafever

Reaction score
Exercise is a key component of health. In order to be healthy, we have to exercise regularly. Sure, it can be difficult to take the time out of your busy schedule to engage in physical activity but exercise helps your mind, emotions and your body in so many ways. Yes, exercise can help you to lose weight and tone muscle. It will make you look better, but it also releases endorphins and other feel-good chemicals that stabilize and even improve mood.

bourque

Reaction score
It's better to be skinny than to be a FAT cos it's easy to gain weight than to loose weight.

alexanduh

Reaction score
we excercise because if you fat you ugly no doubt.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I definitely get checked out more by the ladies now that I have a semblance of shoulders and biceps.

God bless you, P90X and Scooby!

cretaceous_cretin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
for those who say VANITY (to look good),

do you have nice clothing to complement that nice body up?

Yes. Oxxford, Isaia, Canali, Hilditch & Key, Turnbull & Asser, and AE shoes (hard to find EEE in some of the top quality Italians).

dmass1

Reaction score
I work out mainly for vanity and health reasons, but I have to admit that its a great spot for people-watching.

There are always a few smokeshows to stare at and a few meatheads to laugh at in my local gym...

Reaction score
Apart from my day job, I'm a craft beer tasting host on the side. Obviously, this means drinking a lot of beer. I run in the mornings mainly so that I don't get really fat (I have a gut, but it's on its way down -- lost 10 pounds in the past 3 months.)

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stuckbetweenstations
Apart from my day job, I'm a craft beer tasting host on the side. Obviously, this means drinking a lot of beer. I run in the mornings mainly so that I don't get really fat (I have a gut, but it's on its way down -- lost 10 pounds in the past 3 months.)

nice. hope you keep at it.

Rangoon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
I definitely get checked out more by the ladies now that I have a semblance of shoulders and biceps.

God bless you, P90X and Scooby!

Scoobs is a legend! love his videos.

Originally Posted by CalTex
I am tired of being skinny.

That's the same reason I train in the gym too. After years of training and getting no results in putting on muscle mass I re-evaluated my training about a year ago and have put on about three quarters of a stone in that time ( put on both muscle and inevitable fat that is ).

The only way to put on big ammounts of weight/muscle is to train hard twice a week in the big compound movements, you MUST squat and deadlift. A middle day should be for minor exercises such as L-fly's for shoulder care,crunch work,lateral raises,bicep work etc. Too train more then this will kill most hardgainer's gains. Secondly I upped my calorific and protien intake. I eat 6 or 7 times a day so that my body never consumes itself so to speak. I was painfully skinny and lanky,I hated the summer as I could not wear sweaters etc to hide my puny frame but now I get positive comments from people about my physique. It's a hard slog for us skinny guys but the results can be fantastic due to our better definition then many others.

Someone posted above that it's easier for skinny guys to build up then for overweight people to lose weight but this is a myth,they both are inherently difficult to achieve and take great effort and dedication.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
so that I can beat people up

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads