• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who Are You in your Neighborhood?

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Enforcer.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Yep. Pretty much sums it up. I hear fellow renters complain all the time about how people come up and ask them what they're doing and if they're renters or not. The community of owners is mostly retirees and they keep instituting rules designed to turn the buildings into a 55+ community. No one outside past 11. All the fobs for the doors into the pool, gym, clubhouse, etc. don't work after 11. The thing is, if there were no renters, the place would be practicaly empty.

Do we live in the same building?

Depending on whom you talk to: (1) I'm the young asshole who sat on the Board of Directors and sometimes agreed with with Pres who they hated, and sometimes disagreed with him, but who they HATE for some reason. I'm also the guy who started yelling at a Board meeting to get two other Board members to shut up with the piss-ant argument. Or (2) the nice young guy who's trying to keep the building up-to-date and who has a good head on his shoulders.

b

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
Do we live in the same building? Depending on whom you talk to: (1) I'm the young asshole who sat on the Board of Directors and sometimes agreed with with Pres who they hated, and sometimes disagreed with him, but who they HATE for some reason. I'm also the guy who started yelling at a Board meeting to get two other Board members to shut up with the piss-ant argument. Or (2) the nice young guy who's trying to keep the building up-to-date and who has a good head on his shoulders. b
Don't you just love condo board meetings? I used to go just for the hilarity. I say used to because they've now banned renters from the meetings.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't you just love condo board meetings? I used to go just for the hilarity. I say used to because they've now banned renters from the meetings.

I spent four months on the Board filling out someone's term. When the year ended, I went back to the first one of the new year to ask for better bike storage and haven't shown up to once since.

We recently discovered that, per our by-laws, renters can sit on the Board, though not hold a position (Pres, etc.). Man, that made some owners just fly off the handle.

b

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The person that always has their car in their backyard on the grass because I don't have a hose in my driveway so whenever I need to wash my car I have to drive it on my yard.

It is somewhat surprising how many questionable looks I have received while driving my urban assault vehicle onto my lawn.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I decided that the more I attended my neighborhood association meetings, the less I liked my neighborhood and neighbors. I stopped attending years ago.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
I spent four months on the Board filling out someone's term. When the year ended, I went back to the first one of the new year to ask for better bike storage and haven't shown up to once since. We recently discovered that, per our by-laws, renters can sit on the Board, though not hold a position (Pres, etc.). Man, that made some owners just fly off the handle. b
Yeah, they hate ****** for asking questions about things the community needs. Here's how the renters questions used to get handled: Rambo: Makes interesting and valid point. Audience: Murmurs of approval. Some jerkoff in the back: Wait, aren't you a renter? Board: Well, we'll take that under consideration.... Another jerkoff in the crowd: What are we doing about our monthly dues? Audience: Yeah!!! This was every meeting I ever went to. These schmucks are paying per sq. ft and, with all the foreclosures, they're getting special assessed too. Some people are paying almost double in monthly dues than they're paying to their mortgage.
Originally Posted by JayJay
I decided that the more I attended my neighborhood association meetings, the less I liked my neighborhood and neighbors. I stopped attending years ago.
Problem is, I still don't like them even after I stopped attending.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another jerkoff in the crowd: What are we doing about our monthly dues?

Ugh, I get you.

The old farts in my biulding are convinced they're paying too much in monthly fees. They have no idea what they are talking about.

b

thenickelfit

Reaction score
The Slut.

The doormen have stopped calling me via telecomm to let me know I have a guest, they just send 'em on up.

ramp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
California (in country): Neighbors ... what neighbors?

Sums it up for me. Although, to the UPS man, I'm the guy with the steep ass driveway.

eqpablon

Reaction score
I'm the random Army dude. People ask if I rent my house, I wonder if it's the uniform. If they aren't asking me if I rent they are asking me, in a serious tone, how many people I've killed... Misguided liberals, bringing the lulz.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads