• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zegna Fabric Used in Multiseason Zegna Suit

klutzychicken

Reaction score
Hi,

I am pretty new into the luxury suit world but I am passionate about it and trying to learn.

I bought a “Multiseason Zegna” suit from Harry Rosen and I am trying to figure out what the fabric used to make the suit is. I checked the inside of the jacket but theres no label specifying which material they actually used.
I’d assume at the bare minimum it is at least Zegna fabric?

I attached the tags with all the info and hopefully someone can help me out as to what the fabric used is called and how to find it myself next time.

Thank you for your help

Attachments

• IMG_9065.jpeg
    IMG_9065.jpeg
    301.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_9066.jpeg
    IMG_9066.jpeg
    362.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_9067.jpeg
    IMG_9067.jpeg
    245.7 KB · Views: 40

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hi,

I am pretty new into the luxury suit world but I am passionate about it and trying to learn.

I bought a “Multiseason Zegna” suit from Harry Rosen and I am trying to figure out what the fabric used to make the suit is. I checked the inside of the jacket but theres no label specifying which material they actually used.
I’d assume at the bare minimum it is at least Zegna fabric?

I attached the tags with all the info and hopefully someone can help me out as to what the fabric used is called and how to find it myself next time.

Thank you for your help

Congrats on the suit! Which Harry Rosen store did you get it from?

I don’t understand your question - it’s says 100% wool on the label.

It’s a multi-season fabric, which means it is heavy enough to be worn year-round. It is also a level 1 fabric, which is the most basic fabric you can get. Fabrics like cashmere, or extra fine wool, are higher numbers.

klutzychicken

Reaction score
Congrats on the suit! Which Harry Rosen store did you get it from?

I don’t understand your question - it’s says 100% wool on the label.

It’s a multi-season fabric, which means it is heavy enough to be worn year-round. It is also a level 1 fabric, which is the most basic fabric you can get. Fabrics like cashmere, or extra fine wool, are higher numbers.
Hi
Thank you, I got it from Harry Rosen montreal.

I saw it is 100% wool but I guess I falsely assumed it would have a certain name, like Zegna’s other fabrics such as Trofeo, 15milmil15 etc.. so I was just trying to understand what the name was.

Is it safe to assume the wool comes from a Zegna mill though right?

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hi
Thank you, I got it from Harry Rosen montreal.

I saw it is 100% wool but I guess I falsely assumed it would have a certain name, like Zegna’s other fabrics such as Trofeo, 15milmil15 etc.. so I was just trying to understand what the name was.

Is it safe to assume the wool comes from a Zegna mill though right?

Definitely a Zegna fabric. Zegna has multiple fabric books (multiseason, Trofeo, 15 Mill, etc…). So yours is from the multiseason book, which is their all-season weight fabrics.

Either way, it looks like a nice fabric - Zegna rarely disappoints.

klutzychicken

Reaction score
Definitely a Zegna fabric. Zegna has multiple fabric books (multiseason, Trofeo, 15 Mill, etc…). So yours is from the multiseason book, which is their all-season weight fabrics.

Either way, it looks like a nice fabric - Zegna rarely disappoints.
That makes perfect sense and it is what I originally thought but then I tried finding the Zegna Multiseason fabric book online or even a simple mention of it by Zegna but nothing seems to come up? Do you have any link or reference where I can find this book?

The reason why I’m asking is because I went to a high end tailor in my area and he told me Multiseason book from Zegna doesn’t exist and proceeded to say it is highly likely it isn’t a Zegna fabric, but rather some fabric from another mill which Zegna used to build the suit. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks again for your help and compliments on my suit :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads