• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who Are You in your Neighborhood?

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do your neighbors perceive you?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jpeirpont
How do your neighbors perceive you?

In my current development (about 100 houses) those with kids that run rabid on the road hate when I stop and tell them if I run their kids over it's not my fault, so they don't like me. Everyone else thinks I have good wine.

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
In my current development (about 100 houses) those with kids that run rabid on the road hate when I stop and tell them if I run their kids over it's not my fault, so they don't like me. Everyone else thinks I have good wine.

LMAO Do they play football or any other sports in the road too?

I live across from a condominium complex and around a lot of older Germans and single mothers. I rarely see any of these people. I am known for keeping a clean "yard" and wearing a lot of corduroy. I am also probaly seen as a ghetto blaster by the few who seen me in a car..

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am the guy with the twins, who stops everybody with a dog so that the twins can pet the dog.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i am perceived as the white-collar idiot who bought at the market's height and is always coaching his kids or at the gym.

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
I am the guy with the twins, who stops everybody with a dog so that the twins can pet the dog.

My girlfriend has a Lhasa Apso, which I walk on occasion. I'm sure it is an odd sight.

YoroiChuu

Reaction score
There was a break in in the neighborhood and my neighbor tol me she thought it was me who did it

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm the mysterious guy. I say hi to my neighbors when I see them outside, but other than that, they don't know **** about me. They don't know what I do for a living, what my name is, how old I am, nothing.

mondayc

Reaction score
I am "the bike guy." Most people think I'm strange and don't say hi to me, but when their kid's bike has something wrong, they direct the kid straight to my house. I'm also "the trash guy" picking up after all the lazy d-bags littering everywhere.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I am a terrorist who floods people's apartments because I fall asleep in the shower. That or I'm some sort of drug addict who falls asleep in the shower and floods people's apartments. Also, I'm a renter, so that = second class citizen here.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm the guy who has been living in the same neighborhood for 23 years but gets dirty looks by the new families that have moved in who are probably saying to themselves "who is this young punk that just moved in tho the neighborhood driving too fast."

I'm also the guy who left a dirty vulgar letter in his neighbors mailbox after they though it was ok to allow their children to blast the Miley Cyrus Discography early every Sunday morning during the summer while they were outside in their pool.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I am a terrorist who floods people's apartments because I fall asleep in the shower. That or I'm some sort of drug addict who falls asleep in the shower and floods people's apartments. Also, I'm a renter, so that = second class citizen here.

I used to rent a condo in a building where most people owned. It was terrible. The usual first conversation when meeting people would go something like this:

Me: "Hi, I'm odoreater, we just moved in."
Them: "Do you own or rent?"
Me: "Yeah, I'm doing pretty good, how are you doing?"
Them: "Do you own or rent?"
Me: "Do you prefer the Roth IRA or the 401(k)?"

I mean, wtf? Your first question to a person you just met asks them about the type of tenancy they have in their apartment? That's just rude.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
donhomer1217347452.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads