• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

whnay.'s good taste thread

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I too assumed it was a suit. The coat, shirt and tie look nice.

DocHolliday, though I agree that white linen would be good here, I'm now confused as to your stance on white linen squares with light blue shirts.

See aforementioned suit assumption. Even then, I don't think white linen would be the ideal with this much blue, but this is Stitchy, so baby steps.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I too assumed it was a suit. The coat, shirt and tie look nice.
See aforementioned suit assumption. Even then, I don't think white linen would be the ideal with this much blue, but this is Stitchy, so baby steps.

thanks, doc. much appreciated.

hopefully by weeks end it will be a suit once again.

certainly baby steps is the only way id get to wearing PSs, if at all, but if its not ideal, dont we agree that why bother? :)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
because he works with style-less drones?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Same here, but those who have caught a glimpse of mine have been enthusiastic about them.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I mean, do you really need a sweater under a tweed suit? You're just attracting even more attention. At that point it is purely stylistic and not functional, thus looks affected, imo.

I've worn cashmere cardigans under my tweed suit regularly. When it gets cold up here in Toronto, it gets ******* cold.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do actually. Especially in cold offices. Isn't that the point of layering?

Stugotes

Reaction score
I noticed last year a lot of guys doing the puffer vest over the suit jacket on brisk days. I think it was popularized by GQ or something. I personally just go flannel and a scarf if it's not chill enough for an overcoat.

Didn't Cucinelli start that?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

They aren't an issue. Like here, people just like to make fun of me.

this will be for rest of your life, my dude.

I've worn cashmere cardigans under my tweed suit regularly. When it gets cold up here in Toronto, it gets ******* cold.

for real. i have been to toronto a few times in the winter. its painful how cold it gets.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads