• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which Belstaff jacket?

cmrocks

Reaction score
J.Crew has two different Belstaff jackets available right now and I'm planning on picking one up. I've always wanted a leather Belstaff. Both jackets are similar but slightly different styles. The Brad jacket is more of a motorcycle jacket and is shorter cut. The panther looks more like a classic Belstaff jacket and is a bit longer.

Which jacket would be more versatile? I'm looking for something that I can wear on a day to day basis in the city. When I goto work, I dress business casual with cotton dress pants and an OCBD. On the weekend, I'm usually wearing dark jens (APC) and either a tshirt or an OCBD. Which style of jacket would go better with this kind of look?

Feature_BelstaffPanther_MW-big.jpg

images_onFigure_27_27834_27834_BR5798_m_tif_cfab0c46c8cf196c.jpg

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
I'd suggest the Panther (classic cut) and wear it with everything but black. You ride bikes right? If that's the case, it's a bit flashy (until it gets some wear on it) but justified. Plus, you'll be the baddest motherfucker on Robson St.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like them both, but will say the Panther is tough to pull off if you're a smaller guy.

Pablo-T

Reaction score
They're both for wankers.

A leather Belstaff is an oxymoron, designed by an Italian company who are pimping the heritage of a great brand. If you want to go flash, look out something like the Sammy Miller limited editions. A reworked leather Belstaff is like a pair of velvet Levi's; it's just not right.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Not fond of either. Look at something else.

cmrocks

Reaction score
Was wondering about the Panther since I'm only 5'9 with pretty short legs. The brad might be better for that.

I also like this Cougar model quite a bit.

8345060.jpg

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Brad gets more utilization. The Panther is a bit more of an oddity in normal day to day wear.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone know about the sizing in the belstaff brad? I tried on the panther and I am medium,... would i be the same in the Brad cut?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
No experience with the Panther, but the Brad fits quite a bit smaller than the Roadmaster.
Enough to size up.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm the roadmaster looks pretty similar to the panther... So u suppoe I should size up?

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Def size up on both compared to the Roadmaster, which is a size up from the Che Guevera model, and possibly other Trialmaster models. When I was in NYC I tried on a bunch of them. Could just fit in a small Che Guevera but would have needed a medium, was a solid large in the Roadmaster and the Panther in a large was well too small, couldn't find a XL to try on but that would have done it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads