• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HBO is showing the Sopranos. I can't believe how over the top stupid the characters are in the early seasons. I never really watched full seasons all the way through and just got a few episodes here and there. It's hard to believe that everyone loved the show despite how stupid the characters are.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HBO is showing the Sopranos. I can't believe how over the top stupid the characters are in the early seasons. I never really watched full seasons all the way through and just got a few episodes here and there. It's hard to believe that everyone loved the show despite how stupid the characters are.

Did you see the a-s cancer line?

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
200w.gif

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Started Euphoria and got to episode 2. Should I continue? It seems sort of anxiety inducing.

Maybe I should start True Detective. Or the many other HBO series. Veep seems enticing but I get too much politics through other outlets already. Or rewatch The Sopranos.
Pro-Euphoria and Veep. Not sure how good Euphoria actually is, but relative to what I went in expecting it to be (a shock and awe gross out spectacle...it really isn't at all) I was seriously impressed. Though, at this point, not sure there will be the 3rd season...and not sure I want there to be.

Veep is hilarious. I forget where I heard it, but I always enjoyed the sentiment that everyone intimately clued in to Washington thinks politics are like House of Cards, when in reality it's far closer to Veep.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can't ever go home again...
I really wanted the Frasier reboot to be good. The OG is one of my favorite shows of all time.
I would think the show would be geared to fans of the original show, so it boggles my mind that they completely reinvented Freddy.
The original actor is still around, doesn't seem terribly busy since The Magicians ended. But whatever, maybe he said no.
Freddy was a mini Frasier/Niles. Educated, smart, snobbish.
This Freddy put an air hockey table in the living room, neon beer signs on the shelf, and worst of all drinks Florida scotch from a plastic jug.
C'mon man.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like many people I gave up on Fargo after season 1. Heard the current season with Jon Hamm was solid. It is fantastic!

Well written, edge of your seat story with top notch performances. Juno Temple is perfect and Hamm plays the heel like a champ. I burned through it so quickly. Only the season finale left. Can’t wait.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You can't ever go home again...
I really wanted the Frasier reboot to be good. The OG is one of my favorite shows of all time.
I would think the show would be geared to fans of the original show, so it boggles my mind that they completely reinvented Freddy.
The original actor is still around, doesn't seem terribly busy since The Magicians ended. But whatever, maybe he said no.
Freddy was a mini Frasier/Niles. Educated, smart, snobbish.
This Freddy put an air hockey table in the living room, neon beer signs on the shelf, and worst of all drinks Florida scotch from a plastic jug.
C'mon man.

FWIW, I have enjoyed the reboot as it went on...either it improved or I got used to it.

Is it the magic of OG? No.

I didn't really find the Freddy to be out of place. They needed him to fill the Martin role and even though I rewatched the entire series not that long ago, I didn't find it to be a stretch (in later episodes it becomes clear that there's at least some of the Frasier/Niles still in there). Kid Freddy just didn't play that big of a role in the OG series, and you can chalk his portrayal up partially to a limited view of him visiting his distant father across the country..

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After watching the latest episode of Reacher I turned to my wife and quoted the Peacemaker.

I even laughed out loud when they all took a "principled" stand to bust heroin smugglers by not following direct orders and breaking all sorts of laws. I wouldn't be surprised if the Peacemaker's satire is based largely on Reacher.

The show is so absurd at this point the main character is comfortable telling a woman and her child he needs to murder a bunch more people to keep them safe, and the line is supposed to land with humor. It's a painfully awkward joke, and the scene itself is as painfully awkward. That's just Reacher being Reacher, people have to die and he is 1000% indifferent to murdering as many people as he deems necessary.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After watching the latest episode of Reacher I turned to my wife and quoted the Peacemaker.

I even laughed out loud when they all took a "principled" stand to bust heroin smugglers by not following direct orders and breaking all sorts of laws. I wouldn't be surprised if the Peacemaker's satire is based largely on Reacher.

The show is so absurd at this point the main character is comfortable telling a woman and her child he needs to murder a bunch more people to keep them safe, and the line is supposed to land with humor. It's a painfully awkward joke, and the scene itself is as painfully awkward. That's just Reacher being Reacher, people have to die and he is 1000% indifferent to murdering as many people as he deems necessary.

The actor playing the main character is equally absurd claiming he never took any PED’s for Reacher even though he says he put on 35lbs in 6 months.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I have enjoyed the reboot as it went on...either it improved or I got used to it.

Is it the magic of OG? No.

I didn't really find the Freddy to be out of place. They needed him to fill the Martin role and even though I rewatched the entire series not that long ago, I didn't find it to be a stretch (in later episodes it becomes clear that there's at least some of the Frasier/Niles still in there). Kid Freddy just didn't play that big of a role in the OG series, and you can chalk his portrayal up partially to a limited view of him visiting his distant father across the country..
I've been trying in little stretches to watch and see if something sparks...
It's on the shelf for now, because after trying the same thing with Rebel Moon, I'm worn out.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And he flat out murdered a dude in a hospital bed. Who, by the way, was about 2 minutes away from getting murdered by someone else, making it completely unnecessary.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And he flat out murdered a dude in a hospital bed. Who, by the way, was about 2 minutes away from getting murdered by someone else, making it completely unnecessary.

After he told the guy that if you give me the information, I won't kill you. So he's also a liar.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads