• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What brand consistently meets your standards?

bobyoung7

Reaction score
Robert Talbott
Vineyard Vines
Ralph Lauren
Loro Piana
Porsche
Apple
The Economist
The New Yorker
Sports Illustrated
Nikon
Adidas Climacool

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaoloM
Haha, there are racks upon racks of it at Century 21, that does not impress me too much.
Now why would sho'nuff -- or anyone -- want to impress you? I don't think impressing you is the point of this thread.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
please , if i want to impress, i wouldnt try through my clothes.

i like rlpl , because of the way it fits, feels, and i enjoy wearing it. i dont care if i was alone on an island, i would want to wear my rlpl linen pants and sweater

Ah ... but you accuse others of trying to impress through clothing ... even living for the moment. Why should PaoloM think any differently of you.

I suppose it never occurred to you that someone might like Savile Row because of the way it fits & feels ... and because his father took him there as a boy. He many not live for the moment at all ... because SR is what he's worn all his life. He too may not care if he were to be left alone on a desert island ... especially if he had Thurston & Lovey -- oh, and Ginger -- to keep him company ... he'd still wear the clothing bespoke for him on Savile Row.

So ... don't be too harsh ... everyone makes mistakes when they infer too much about others.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
uh. ..ok.

are you still at that ? i had no idea you were that guy until you talked about that.

sorry if i hurt your feelings. let's move on now?
smile.gif

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suitsupply (for MTM),
WE (for basics),
Jack Jones (for casual),
HEMA (for almost everything),
Makers Mark,
Seiko,
Nomos,
Omega,
Magnanni,
Allen Edmonds.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
are you still at that?
No no ... it was just too easy to use a comment of your recent past to highlight the hypocracy of your present comment. My involvement with the past comment was coincidental.

No feelings are hurt. As you may note ... I jumped to your defense first ... and only then decided to throw in the reminder.

As for moving on ... absolutely.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by d'brickasho
gaawd, are you still going off on this?? 'hypocrisy, past comment..coincidental ..eas y to comment" why sure! you win your game!
dood just move on please. i dont care a rat's ass if my remarks here are contradictory, we are talking about clothes, jeans, cars, whatevers.

relax.

and really..
move on.

D'brickasho:

I'm not sure what in RSS's good-natured comments spurred you to this outburst. As with his original post in the infamous threak, RSS meant no... ulterior... harm.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Truzzi Zegna - their suits and jackets are as close to a perfect fit OTR as I have found EG - Stunning shoes, I just can't wear them
frown.gif
2X-IST Bentley - from the 4 1/2 liter 'Blower' to the Continental GT Speed,
worship.gif
Volkl - I'm on my 7th, 8th and 9th pairs currently Black Diamond Equipment- bomber climbing, backpacking and skiing gear Band-Aids

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads