• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

#dadcore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
306B1095-23F2-4D31-8B98-B927636AD87F.jpeg
0BA9A2E4-EA5B-4F3B-84CC-FA8A799BBC4B.jpeg
28D61821-F12A-4F2C-8C8A-3170F52C8568.jpeg

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess I was being rhetorical; I’m not sure I have time to run out to Washougal and fetch everyone fabrics. Sorry to be a cloth tease!

Maybe if anyone in the EU can proxy Suitsupply stuff for me, I might pick some up on my next trip and send it to you?

That said, you might be able to call up the Pendleton mill and sweet-talk them into shipping it somehow.

As for the fabric, the tweed is rather lightweight and I’m no tailor, but I don’t see any reason you couldn’t make a whole suit from it. All Pendleton woolens are top-quality.

I’ve been warned that sometimes the super-cheap fabrics there have flaws, but I’ve bought loads in the past and have yet to encounter any. Here are my $5.99/yd closet curtains:

View attachment 874360

And my $6.99 window curtains:

View attachment 874361

Honestly, if there was a tailor in Portland I trusted to make a suit, I would probably have a gray tweed suit to show you too.
Love this. Very cool. Not sure why you're NOT using these as a backdrop.

thefoxtooth

Reaction score
Love this. Very cool. Not sure why you're NOT using these as a backdrop.

Hey, thanks! Believe me, the backdrop thing has occurred to me. Using the window curtains as a drop means shutting out all the good light, and using the closet curtains means moving the bed (and all the menswear **** stored under it). FROWN EMOJI

I do have about six yards of the Warren G. Harding left over (the closet fabric) but putting up a drop and taking it down for fit pics is a little much, even for me.

#dadcore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What jeans/wash are those @#dadcore ?

They are John Elliott (who doesn’t show up on this side of the forum very often), the original cut from 2014 or so, the “coast” wash. JE denim is much slimmer/distressed these days (which I like as well and own a few pairs), but the original cut is one of my all time favorites and pretty versatile in my opinion. You can still find them on eBay, and they aren’t as desirable as the newer JE stuff so they aren’t super pricey

shrews824

Reaction score
I really enjoyed @dieworkwear 's article on Earl's Stan Ray Apparel last month. It somehow escaped my notice at the time (which stuns me, as I'm an avid PTO reader and I've been plugging Stan Ray on here for a number of years).

In any case, it caused me to do some digging, and let's just say I've found some sources for Stan Ray/Gung Ho that are not in the article, heh heh. I unearthed some unicorns, including these lightweight denim 4-pocket fatigues which I've never seen anywhere else.

View attachment 872444 View attachment 872445 View attachment 872446

Man, I NEED those denims!!!

Terminator

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads