• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Nice. I've taken a long look at a number of their products. Is this your first piece? Thoughts?

Thanks!

This is my first jacket from them. Trousers in that photo are Old Town as well, moleskin, and I have one other pair in a different cut in canvas.

They have a pretty wide range of fabrics and colors.

Sizing is pretty straight forward.

I think it's nice stuff. Fairly reasonably priced balancing out -VAT and +shipping.

The jacket is what they call flannel and its a fairly substantial fabric closer to melton wool I think. I'd describe it as a lighter weight version of the wool Filson uses for their cruisers.

Moleskin is really nice. Heavy and should break in well. Canvas is nice too. I just ordered another pair of trousers in their corduroy, and I expect I'll be pleased.

Construction is very good (as I understand it, fabrics are all UK sourced, they cut the stuff in house, and then they have folks in the area sew up the patterns, which is kind of cool I think).

Cuts are definitely unabashedly retro work wear. Could shade into costumey I think, but you can pull it off I'm sure. @Superb0bo is a pretty big fan too. He has quite a few items I think.

Folks there are nice and get right back to you by email. You do have to call to give them a credit card number to pay... No PayPal for some reason.

I'd say it's worth a try if you are so inclined.

loanshark

Reaction score
What fabric(s)? Will be a suit?

BTW there's a thread for British workwear: http://www.styleforum.net/t/220610/british-workwear-heritage-brands/

Navy drill suit that will also be worn as separates.

I was inspired by that thread (along with yours & @Superb0bo pics) so with exchange rates this favorable I had to give them a try. I was pleased to find they come in larger sizes b/c I find it hard to fit into most workwear inspired brands outside RRL. No Nigel, EG, etc will fit 6'3" 245 lbs dudes

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Navy drill suit that will also be worn as separates.  

I was inspired by that thread (along with yours & @Superb0bo
 pics) so with exchange rates this favorable I had to give them a try.  I was pleased to find they come in larger sizes b/c I find it hard to fit into most workwear inspired brands outside RRL. No Nigel, EG, etc will fit 6'3" 245 lbs dudes

Excellent! It's almost like it's real work wear... ;)

I suppose it helps that it's MTO so they don't have to stock a large range of sizes.

You wait a few weeks (they've been good about the promised delivery window based on my two-order experience), but you get the size you need and the fabric/color you want. Not bad.

Hope the items turn out well for you!

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@FrankCowperwood looks like a success! :) How did you size the Marshalsea jacket in the end? I think it´s time for me to break out of my Borough bubble.

I really like the aspect of Old Town that they provide a limited palette, which still allows you to be personal. For example, I dont wear any old town pieces that comes across (I think) as extremely vintage-y, but rather something a little bit reminiscent of Howell. On the other hand, one could go 19th century peasant with different fabric choices and styles. Next up for me is to get a couple of the pull on shirts I think.

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

@FrankCowperwood looks like a success! :) How did you size the Marshalsea jacket in the end? I think it´s time for me to break out of my Borough bubble.

I really like the aspect of Old Town that they provide a limited palette, which still allows you to be personal. For example, I dont wear any old town pieces that comes across (I think) as extremely vintage-y, but rather something a little bit reminiscent of Howell. On the other hand, one could go 19th century peasant with different fabric choices and styles. Next up for me is to get a couple of the pull on shirts I think.

Answered this over in the other thread!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads