• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You must not move around a lot. I used to think like this until I moved 4 times in 6 years. Books are the biggest pain ********** to lug around. Now I only keep books I'm sure I'll reread or refer back to for reference. I don't own an e-reader, but I have a library card.

+1

Anyone who has moved around a lot knows this.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ff2d6c3c.jpg

54feb1b0.jpg

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

CommenceFailure

Reaction score
NYR. I think those blue suede Aldens look much better in this context. The contrast between shoe and sole make them more casual to my eye. I think it looks great here, but a little clashy with your last outfit.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Jacket fits well but a t shirt under a blazer / sports jacket never looks good to my eye. It looks like your underwear and you forgot to wear your shirt, too much of a formal-informal crossover. V neck t shirts never look flattering with all that neck and chest on display. .

lysandar

Reaction score
At the risk of achieving a "typical" SF look (which is incidentally usually very pleasing to the eye) - swap tee for OCBD and wear pants that are a hair thinner and with less stacks.

Jacket is lovely.

black_umbrella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jacket fits well but a t shirt under a blazer / sports jacket never looks good to my eye. It looks like your underwear and you forgot to wear your shirt, too much of a formal-informal crossover. V neck t shirts never look flattering with all that neck and chest on display. .

I think the combo can work, the fit is actually pretty good. A less roped shoulder might have been slightly less of a crossover.

Shoes, from the image, look like abominations.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think the combo can work, the fit is actually pretty good. A less roped shoulder might have been slightly less of a crossover.
Shoes, from the image, look like abominations.

the boots are the best things ever made but i'm biased.

At the risk of achieving a "typical" SF look (which is incidentally usually very pleasing to the eye) - swap tee for OCBD and wear pants that are a hair thinner and with less stacks.

Jacket is lovely.

not really the intention of the fit.

See below for good example of that. It's nice but not what i'm going for in this particular fit.

J crew shirt / Boglioli coat jacket / Filson belt / Howard Yount trousers / Alden loafers

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads