• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
IrateCustomer: for those with black trousers and white short sleeve shirts... ask them for one order of tacos! ¡6 de pastor con todo!
lol8[1].gif

IrateCustomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What color are they? They look a peachy-pink kind of color. They're OK. I wouldn't wear them but they don't fit my attitude. 

I had some purple and 'ash' linen pants that I sold, the colors were also too fashion forward for me. I'm sticking to the basics. Shades of white, brown, khaki, maybe a navy, greys. And jeans.

They are a burnt orange color. I wouldn't wear peachy-pink pants either. Not my thing.

Last edited:

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are a burnt orange color. I wouldn't wear peachy-pink pants either. Not my thing.
Aah. Better, much better.

We need to help you out, something you could tell them. "Yeah, did you wake up and look at your pants and say, 'should I wear those black ones?.. or.. those?.... or.. maybe these ones...? Maybe... these ones instead.... Yeah, there we go."

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Pants and shirt are cool, but I think the browns from the shoes, watch and belt don't blend well.  I also think that the belt is too casual for the shoes.  

thanks for the feedback. yeah, the belt was not a great choice for the fit.

AMProf

Reaction score

Maybe I should follow their lead and wear black pants with short-sleeve OCBDs eh?

Sadly, I got drawn into a discussion of short sleeve OCBDs on AAAC a week or so ago. Large consensus there: "they look great!". Honestly I don't know why ever read over there anymore.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks good AAS.

Demean

Reaction score
Agreed. I abhor the high water pants trend. Pants rolled up to high water lengths and outfits waaay too tight are a close 2nd and 3rd.
Demean, +oo on not shortening the jeans.

I had to learn it the hard way and had a pair of otherwise perfectly fine jeans hemmed too short.
It looks ridiculous and I hate myself for doing it.
High water pants are one of the greatest, if not THE greatest abomination spawned by #menswear tumblrs.
It looks bad, on everyone.
Your outfit on the other hand is very nice, keep it as is!
Thanks. These are a relatively high rise for jeans (Levis 508's). My legs are quite short (think human Dachshund!), so most modern jeans just make me look ridiculous :( But I do agree, some of the high-rise trousers we're seeing are just silly.
Looks great! Now that I see the jeans in a full body shot, I would say that maybe they are too casual for the SC, due to the fades, the length and fit is spot on though.
Thanks. They are quite casual, but this was the only option I had at my local Levis!

I agree, lenght look good to me for that kind of jeans.

Great fit, but why not a nice pair of light beige chinos?
I have a pair, but I don't feel they fit me too well. I can't really figure out what I don't like about them.

No, leave the jeans; length is perfect for jeans. I'd open another button on the shirt but thats just me.
Good stuff.
Thanks, I did end up unbuttoning one more. I just think for photos, the symmetry of it being buttoned up is quite nice.

Agree on the jeans needing shortening, they're bunching at the knee. Tremendous fit otherwise. Lovely pictures, stark contrast to mine.
Thanks!

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This looks very tasty! Do you get your shorts tailored? I can never get mine to look the way I want!
Tasty? Not usually what I shoot for, but ok.

I had a few of my shorts tailored. These included. I had them leg opening tapered. Slim fit shorts are usually too tight in the hips for me so I have to buy regular fit and have them tailored.

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks, I did end up unbuttoning one more. I just think for photos, the symmetry of it being buttoned up is quite nice.

A wise man once told me symmetry is the root of all evil. Doubt he'll ever read this. NOBD will know who i mean though : )

Last edited:

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
AS looks good, would have gone with white shoes like purcells there 'cause the dark brown boat shoes and bright pink shorts seem in contrast

Stitchy, we're gonna have to work on your casual game (biz wardrobe looks most excerent (aw, that was before your time))
Belt looks nice in theory but I think it's too long. Either shorten or wrap over the loose end and tuck between belt and pants.
Actually, take a look at Mr.K for some casual looks since I think his sort of vibe could work for you. Even look up Phat Guido (RIP on SF, check his blog?)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads