• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1!!!
Deets @Gerry Nelson on the shoes, scarf? Is the jacket Valstar? I can't wait I wear mine!

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gone straight to the top of my Gezza list
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Thanks, mate! Much appreciated!

+1!!!
Deets @Gerry Nelson on the shoes, scarf? Is the jacket Valstar? I can't wait I wear mine!
Thank you! The shoes are Carmina dark brown suede chukkas and the scarf is a wool/silk Drake's. The jacket is by Baldessari for a local store, Henry Buck's.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like your style Gerry. I love wearing cardigans in cold weather.

Question and a comment.

I've since moved into a role in my company where I can work from home and sometimes in office if I want. So this thread has proven to be very useful to me in terms of seeing how people rock their casual style.

Question - I'm in IT, software stuff. Do you think wearing button downs make me look like a IT nerd? I normally will wear a button down with a cardigan such like Gerry above mostly in winter, or a v neck etc

thefoxtooth

Reaction score

First picture for me, be gentle.

The fit is impeccable and you look really good. I would agree with others, however, that this is neither fish nor fowl in terms of mood.

You can wear a DB without a tie and get a good casual look out of it. Especially with what appears to be that SuSu linen/cotton number that everyone on here loves so much.

I'm wearing the very one casually here:

But as you can see, I've got on white Levi's and suede boots, a much more casual framework. You certainly don't look stupid or anything, but I would put on a tie with your trouser/shoe combo here. To go tieless, I would at the least put on, say, cotton chinos and suede oxfords.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like your style Gerry. I love wearing cardigans in cold weather.

Question and a comment.

I've since moved into a role in my company where I can work from home and sometimes in office if I want. So this thread has proven to be very useful to me in terms of seeing how people rock their casual style.

Question - I'm in IT, software stuff. Do you think wearing button downs make me look like a IT nerd? I normally will wear a button down with a cardigan such like Gerry above mostly in winter, or a v neck etc

Thank you very much. It really depends on what else you're wearing it with. FWIW, I'm wearing a pink OCBD and a navy v-neck jumper under my jacket :)

This does not look like an IT nerd:

This does:

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like that scarf, Garry.

Thank you! I was looking for one of those Drake's kelim-print scarves for a long time and they were always too pricey for me. Earlier this year, I saw this one on sale online somewhere and it was at about half the price and close enough. Really glad I got it.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gerry has evolved into quite a force!

Last edited:

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gerry's always been well dressed, but these more casual fits of his are showcasing a new direction which is quite individual. I can't really think of anyone else who combines casual elements in this way. There's a lot of coherence here and this latest fit is particularly striking.

Well done GN.

Chulillo

Reaction score
Still hot over here during the day but at night temperatures allow me to wear shirts and again... so instead of my usual beige/white pants - navy shirt combo I decided to be more adventurous last night... orange... it was a hit, really... I do like the combo, these pants I usually use with earth thone shirts/sweaters but never with navy and I like the result. What do you guys think?

Forgive the poor lighting and bad quality pic... I am considering maybe getting a tripod for the phone but I think I would feel silly...

SummerOutfit2015_orange_zpshxiokgjx.jpg~original

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good fit Gezzzzzzza, where's the jacket from? I agree the scarf works really well in the fit.
Thank you! It's from a local store called Henry Buck's but the jacket is made for them by Baldassari.

Gerry's always been well dressed, but these more casual fits of his are showcasing a new direction which is quite individual. I can't really think of anyone else who combines casual elements in this way. There's a lot of coherence here and this latest fit is particularly striking.

Well done GN.

Thank you!

I like that combo, @Chulillo

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads