• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ianGP

Reaction score
thanks for the feedback guys! I think it's more likely I just didn't fix/straighten the jacket out before pics but I'll have a look-see again when I wear it next time. Yes I agree about the "summer colors" up top but it was such a nice weekend here in DC in the high 60's it had to be done!

@sprout
- it says on the tag 90 cotton/10 cashmere. it's a bit stretchy too
@Master-Classter - yep, wideneck.. I fit in a 15.75 and 30in waist.... I usually have to taper 4inches off RTW shirts :embar: I don't lift much weights so I'll have to attribute it to years of formula/kart racing. Alot of good that did me...now my proportions are F-ed

Last edited:

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
tumblr_lv1phgXaqr1qcq3abo1_500.jpg
tumblr_lv1p8zNyag1qcq3abo1_500.jpg

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tumblr_lv1phgXaqr1qcq3abo1_500.jpg
tumblr_lv1p8zNyag1qcq3abo1_500.jpg

The colors in that photo are not doing the fit any favors- I couldn't tell if that was your red or your whisky calf jacket.

It's great- you knew that. But why not wear the legs longer? It doesn't seem to fit with the rugged colder weather mode, if nothing else.

Last edited:

IrateCustomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks good but I think the combat boots and OD cargo pants are a bit at odds with that jacket. Maybe a field jacket or suede jacket would work better here?

+1

That jacket is awesome, but to me the lower half being as distressed as it is, I think the top is in contrast with it being so clean.

Last edited:

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This coat has something of a tortured history. It's an Icebreaker Mayfair, which I had to have the sleeves shortened and the shoulder pads removed in order for it to fit me. I like the pockets.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads