• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All of my service boots & engineers don’t have arch support. The only Viberg boots I have that has a noticeable arch support are my Ironworker 146, w/c are classified as workboots.

Incidentally, last Sunday i did some DIY work on them:
• Hand-burnished heels/midsoles
• X2 coated the rough out part w/ OtterWax ... may need another coat to get the desired texture finish.
66B2BCB6-D69B-4C78-A585-4F040809307D.jpeg
763208BE-41DB-477D-8A1F-F0A6F1D28CF8.jpeg

F35F8CC0-2934-48EB-8FEB-5B65E8A783A3.jpeg

1F27CEDC-B233-4131-AA28-ADDB4F0B4396.jpeg

Last edited:

gte872h

Reaction score
Those 145’s rock - especially in that leather. Those were a good find.

I have probably the most recent 110 issue from Freemans MTO...same exact shape. Only difference is the heal/arch pad. As an aside, I also understand that a change was made to the gusseted tongues, but I don’t own any, so I haven’t seen it.

What Guy said makes sense. But I still find the 110 comfortable and I’m a regular D width. I have never had to put an insert in any of my Viberg boots.

All of my service boots & engineers don’t have arch support. The only Viberg boots I have that has a noticeable arch support are my Ironworker 146, w/c are classified as workboots.

Incidentally, last Sunday i did some DIY work on them:
• Hand-burnished heels/midsoles
• X2 coated the rough out part w/ OtterWax ... may need another coat to get the desired texture finish.

The steel shank and rigid insoles/midsoles are great for comfort and support. Just looking to add a bit more extra support on the 110 if I’m walking long distances.

Anyone out there who uses inserts find they need to rip out the heelpad first or is it fine to keep it?

I also find the White's arch ease to be a little much probably due to my gait.

IIIrd-icon, those ironworkers look great after the waxing. Very cool boots.

Raneleigh

Reaction score
The steel shank and rigid insoles/midsoles are great for comfort and support. Just looking to add a bit more extra support on the 110 if I’m walking long distances.

Anyone out there who uses inserts find they need to rip out the heelpad first or is it fine to keep it?

I'd get a thinner insert and see if that works before ripping out the heel pad or insole.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanx. ‘Thought I’d enjoy the rough out through fall ... then, wax for winter.
‘Tried “dubbing” on my SJ R/O w/Obenauf LP a few years back, but Otter-waxing is utterly next level & permanent ... no reset, no going back.

Inserts?! ‘Installed a pair of Wesco leather inserts @Ironworker; “Superfeet” full insoles @Chukka on 110; & “Tacco” leather inserts @Serviceboots ... their leather insoles, if I need a bit more cushion & arch support.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok sorry for no pics, but wore the olive reindeers for about 12 hours today on their very first wear and holy **** were they incredible. I will post pics on my next wear but they are awesome

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And an update. Looks like END sizes 1 down from Vibergs listed size, hense they are showing UK sizing. At least that is what I got based on asking the same question 3 different ways to a CSR rep online.

If anyone has a size 9, 2030, new or nearly they may be looking to move, pm me. Pretty much anything but brown or #8 cxl, I’ll consider.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up, a pair of the Context horsebutt boots for sale in a size 10 on ebay. Not mine just to make that clear.

They're mine. Somebody buy them (listed 2 other size 10's Vibergs on Ebay too)! Hate to part with them, just really have not gotten much wear so figured I'd send them off to another Viberg loving home

Rogerdoger

Reaction score
And an update. Looks like END sizes 1 down from Vibergs listed size, hense they are showing UK sizing. At least that is what I got based on asking the same question 3 different ways to a CSR rep online.

If anyone has a size 9, 2030, new or nearly they may be looking to move, pm me. Pretty much anything but brown or #8 cxl, I’ll consider.

That doesn't make any sense to me. Why would the stockist not put up the sizing based on what they got sold from Viberg.
If they say sizes 7, 8, 9.5, 10 on the Viberg box, why not sell like that instead of trying to confuse everyone.
And Viberg sizing is closer to UK sizes anyway. If the boxes says size 10 Viberg then that is a size 10 UK NOT US.
Where's the facepalm emoji when i need it.

orionz06

Reaction score
They're mine. Somebody buy them (listed 2 other size 10's Vibergs on Ebay too)! Hate to part with them, just really have not gotten much wear so figured I'd send them off to another Viberg loving home

What's the story on the soles of the suede? Never seen those before.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads