• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool, no problem. Definitely, I think you will get more "value" using and enjoying them.  I got those 3sixteen's in black, they are a unique design that I really like. Incidentally I find them to be a bit tight, Ive considered selling them due to fit but obviously I cant replace them. I have a theory that all the RO models are tighter.

Ive never had great experience with stretching but I suppose it is possible and worth a try rather than just take the $ hit on eBay.

High density leather like camelhide doesn't stretch that much__ CXL, however, is known to stretch quite a bit.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, and remember that I am going to take a weekend off to spend with my family, so it's possible that I don't get to your questions, but these are the options for the heavy boots (which we can used for stitchdown construction) and then the possibilites for a city boot (chelsea or sidezip) and which can be used for Goodyear welted boots. These are the options that Drew and I came up with based on the discussions here.

1) Heavy boot leathers for the "tough boot" that can be used in the stitchdown construction, from left to right:
black oil tan, black bullhide, black bison and crust CXL

2) City boot (chelsea or side zip) GYW options, from left to right:
black horse, tan horse, seal brown tumbled horse and burgundy horse

limonade

Reaction score
Cool, no problem. Definitely, I think you will get more "value" using and enjoying them. I got those 3sixteen's in black, they are a unique design that I really like. Incidentally I find them to be a bit tight, Ive considered selling them due to fit but obviously I cant replace them. I have a theory that all the RO models are tighter.
Ooo...The black ones are sweet. I have the newer aged bark roughouts. Wanted to get the blacks but they didnt have my size left. Curious, what size are you if you did decide to sell them... ;)

Incidentally, there is a similar pair of black trumans on the 'bay on a mini ripple out there.

limonade

Reaction score
I've posted this before but one boot I wish I knew about before it sold out in my size was the 3sixteen Natty CXL roughout on stacked leather/mini ripple. Really good looking boots and a color brown that I don't have. Just a visually well balanced boot...I don't know if I've seen a stacked leather midsole before.
You know, I was pretty enamored over these till I saw Johan's original pair in copper roughtout. Glad I waited to pull the trigger until this year with the aged bark roughout, such a killer combo. Agree that its the stacked midsole and ripple combo that take the cake. I wish they would go to a 1035 or 2030, just based on how the 2040 fits me, but its good looking regardless.

Johan's can be seen here (don't know how to imbed this image)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BIJZHI8hyBB/

Raneleigh

Reaction score
Okay, and remember that I am going to take a weekend off to spend with my family, so it's possible that I don't get to your questions, but these are the options for the heavy boots (which we can used for stitchdown construction) and then the possibilites for a city boot (chelsea or sidezip) and which can be used for Goodyear welted boots. These are the options that Drew and I came up with based on the discussions here.

1) Heavy boot leathers for the "tough boot" that can be used in the stitchdown construction, from left to right:
black oil tan, black bullhide, black bison and crust CXL

2) City boot (chelsea or side zip) GYW options, from left to right:
black horse, tan horse, seal brown tumbled horse and burgundy horse

Nice! I'm thinking black oil tan for the Short Shift boot and maybe the roughout side on the counter (only if possible).

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heads up Notre shop has 25% sale and code works on vibergs . "ASALECODE' though only have the suede boots at the moment still good deal for those interested

That's amazing. I picked up a pair of Vibergs using a 25% code at Notre last spring. I was so surprised it worked. I'm tempted but the wedge sole is not something I love.

Thanks for the heads up!

Whirling

Reaction score

I am 10e Brannock, 9.5e for Whites. What should be my Viberg2030 size?

I am a 10.5 C on a USA Brannock device, but my feet are low volume, low instep, and long heel-to-ball. I am a 10B in White's on a few of their lasts, but I could probably do 10C just as well..

I have a couple pairs of Viberg 2030 boots in size 10 (E), which fit my heel-to-ball length well, but do have extra length in front of the toes. Even though it is an E width last, I only find it a little roomy. If you really need your White's in an E width, you might the 2030 tight on width and might be better off in one of their other lasts.

vettemike

Reaction score
I like the crust CXL for the Millwright boot! Let's put the specs to a vote.
Okay, and remember that I am going to take a weekend off to spend with my family, so it's possible that I don't get to your questions, but these are the options for the heavy boots (which we can used for stitchdown construction) and then the possibilites for a city boot (chelsea or sidezip) and which can be used for Goodyear welted boots. These are the options that Drew and I came up with based on the discussions here. 1) Heavy boot leathers for the "tough boot" that can be used in the stitchdown construction, from left to right: black oil tan, black bullhide, black bison and crust CXL 2) City boot (chelsea or side zip) GYW options, from left to right: black horse, tan horse, seal brown tumbled horse and burgundy horse

Graemsay

Reaction score
@LA Guy if you've got a chance before you escape, could you post a photo of the reverse sides of the tough boot leathers, particularly the bull and bison hides?

Thanks.

Aviv

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. B&S has got me some inquiries but no sales yet.

Would you consider SF GMTO's on the 110 Cats Paw/Vibram, with maybe only 5+ pairs made each rare models?

Late to this convo but yes, eBay has worked and for me personally, grailed is really effective and I can usually get a better price.

Also: for the guys into the side zip: tan horse! tan horse!! Right?? Unless you want to do the black out fashion ninja thing.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads