• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UNI/FORM (UNIFORM LA)- Official Affiliate Thread

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but, any plans for a Pocket Tee?

I don't believe that's been asked. We don't have any concrete plans as of right now. However, we're beginning the process of developing a 100% cotton shirt that'd be similar to Ben's Shirt (in terms of fabric weight/tightness of the knit) but with a more classic length which we may explore a pocket on.

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what is "heavy weight" here? 6 oz? 8 oz? hopefully something closer to 10 than 4...

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How’s the work on the bottoms coming along? Did you ever decide on a style/fit?

We did. We're developing two styles. The first will be a slimmer fitting pair followed by a looser style to go along with new hoodies and sweatshirts we're working on for the fall.

The first sweats will pair more with what's currently on the site. I'll look for a picture of the first fit sample to post here. It's not dialed in yet, but should give you an idea of the style/fit.

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
what is "heavy weight" here? 6 oz? 8 oz? hopefully something closer to 10 than 4...

I'm not sure if you're referring to ounces in your question as linear ounces or oz/yd2. However, the heavier weight Supima style will be roughly 11oz's linearly or about 6.5 oz/yd2. To put that into perspective, for people who have some stuff from us, our french terry is roughly 18oz's linearly and our Supima/Micromodal blend is around 7.5oz's linearly.

The goal with the heavier weight Supima wasn't to make the heaviest shirt we could. It was to interpret the vintage heavyweight style through the brand's lens and come out with a shirt that was both substantial and comfortable so that you'd want to wear it daily. That's reflected in the yarn choice, the weight, and ultimately the silhouette.

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How’s the work on the bottoms coming along? Did you ever decide on a style/fit?

Following up on this. Below is a picture of the first fit sample we did of the sweats. They're not dialed in and the fabric is PFD (prepared for dye) meaning the color isn't representative of anything. These were strictly a sample made for fit.

The crotch is going to be brought up a bit and the thigh will be brought in. The pockets will be adjusted and they'll be a drawstring added. With all that said, I'm hoping this gives an idea of what the first style is going to look like.

Dan Sweats_censored.jpg

Last edited:

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Following up on this. Below is a picture of the first fit sample we did of the sweats. They're not dialed in and the fabric is PFD (prepared for dye) meaning the color isn't representative of anything. These were strictly a sample made for fit.

The crotch is going to be brought up a bit and the thigh will be brought in. The pockets will be adjusted and they'll be a drawstring added. With all that said, I'm hoping this give an idea of what the first style is going to look like.

View attachment 1158263

They look great. Main thing for me will be the butt sag.

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
They look great. Main thing for me will be the butt sag.

Noted. That's something I'll make sure we're paying attention to.

100% - I have a few pairs I paid 300+ for and they get no wear because they look sloppy. Lulu lemon seemed to have solved for this so it’s definitely possible

Which pair of Lululemon sweats do you feel like nailed this?

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Noted. That's something I'll make sure we're paying attention to.

Which pair of Lululemon sweats do you feel like nailed this?

I have a feeling it might be the material blend rather than the cut.

I've had the sag issues with all my JE and Reigning champ sweatpants but never with lulu. Unfortunately lulu give off a different vibe though.

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling it might be the material blend rather than the cut.

I've had the sag issues with all my JE and Reigning champ sweatpants but never with lulu. Unfortunately lulu give off a different vibe though.

well, lulu is going to have some / a lot of poly, which will retain better. that's probably why.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads