• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Truman Boots

star656

Reaction score
I'm patiently waiting on a pair of aubergine horse rump I ordered in early November - from what I'm reading I won't have to worry about getting them till March.

That aside, how should I care for that leather? They have lots of pics of beat, distressed Aubergines on their instagram that look great, and I don't plan on doing anything except an occasional brushing and venetian shoe cream. Should I be using venetian or a leather grease like yall do for the waxed flesh models?

Matthew Cruz

Reaction score
Looks like they recommend Venetian cream on their site. This is from their description:
"Although it will help to maintain all leathers, it works particularly well on several that we carry -- Chromexcel, Cranberry Horse Rump, Marrone Horse Rump, and Caffè Macchiato Calfskin."

I would assume the Aubergine has the same finish as the Cranberry.

Ketawa

Reaction score
Do you all get tracking when your orders ship? I have had a couple packages stolen from outside my condo's front door recently, and need to be extra vigilant when something like this is coming in.

mogili222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are some more pictures of the Ameretto horse hide boots. Finally decided to hold on to these as these are really nice boots and the fit on me is perfect.. Will start putting some miles on these in the next few months.

The jeans in the pictures are the secret denim from Ciano Farmer.

Last edited:

TheRiblet

Reaction score
Do you all get tracking when your orders ship? I have had a couple packages stolen from outside my condo's front door recently, and need to be extra vigilant when something like this is coming in.

I asked the same question a few months ago and I was told that a lot of people didn't receive any kind of notification. I didn't remember getting any kind of email from Truman when I placed my order but I searched my email again and found one.

After I had a pair of dress shoes delivered to the house next door, I am also a bit cautious about stuff like this.

I'm going to Breckinridge on a ski trip in two weeks. I was thinking about calling and asking if it would save any time if I just took a slight detour and drove from Denver to Boulder to pick them up but I know the group we will be with will be in a rush to get to the mountain and won't be excited about going all the way to Boulder, so I can get some boots.

biglmbass

Reaction score
Heres a couple quick pics of my Java WF. Waxed them 4 or 5 times over the last year.

Appreciate the pics. Those look great.

Just saw on Truman's Instagram acct that they'll be shipping about 100 pairs this week. Hopefully some of you will be in new boots in a few days.

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Appreciate the pics.  Those look great.

Just saw on Truman's Instagram acct that they'll be shipping about 100 pairs this week.  Hopefully some of you will be in new boots in a few days.

If my navy shells aren't in this batch I'm going to lose my mind. I'm close to asking for a refund, it's been too long at this point.

bobilbob

Reaction score

Here are some more pictures of the Ameretto horse hide boots. Finally decided to hold on to these as these are really nice boots and the fit on me is perfect.. Will start putting some miles on these in the next few months. The jeans in the pictures are the secret denim from Ciano Farmer.
These are structured right?

Ketawa

Reaction score

Thanks for the info everyone, I got tracking this morning. Truman also changed the shipping for me to require signature confirmation.

Matthew Cruz

Reaction score
Here's a few more pics of the Clayton black WF. I'm having too much fun taking pics of theses.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Staff online

Forum statistics