• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Top Chef All Stars

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MarquisMagic
Fourth in Season 6 and an early exit this season may seem "close" to you, but I'm not sure that would be a universal assessment. Regardless, the bottom line is pretty obvious -- there are great chefs who -- for whatever reason -- don't fare very well in such competitions but are superb in running a restaurant kitchen.
Uh, because running a restaurant and cooking isn't an extreme sport, and has little to do with this kind of TV ****?

MarquisMagic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Uh, because running a restaurant and cooking isn't an extreme sport, and has little to do with this kind of TV ****?

Well, there are times when it can seem like an extreme sport, but it certainly has little to do this kind of TV....

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MarquisMagic
Fourth in Season 6 and an early exit this season may seem "close" to you, but I'm not sure that would be a universal assessment. Regardless, the bottom line is pretty obvious -- there are great chefs who -- for whatever reason -- don't fare very well in such competitions but are superb in running a restaurant kitchen.

There's no doubt that your bottom line IS indeed obvious. But Jen is not a good example of it.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
times infinity over the elimination tonight.

MarquisMagic

Reaction score
too much salt is dangerous to your health. Dale got lucky last week...but this isn't the first time it's sent a good chef home!

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I hate it when they handicap the chefs with unrealistic limitations. I want to see the best food, not the best food they make with a spork and hot plate.

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thracozaag
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
times infinity over the elimination tonight.

Angelo has been lackluster this whole season.

Strange, since they basically made this particular season for him to win, especially after the fan reaction of Kenny winning last season.

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how so? he's won or been in the top all but two times and never been in the bottom except for today.

seriously though, this challenge was just straight marsupialed.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was so impressed, that I went ahead and made Angelo's braised pork belly with homemade ramen noodles (minus the watermelon foam); it was the furthest thing from lackluster.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow.gif
Didn't see that elimination coming. I think it was a case of burn out from doing two competitions back to back, as Angelo stated.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pseudonym
Angelo has been lackluster this whole season.

Strange, since they basically made this particular season for him to win, especially after the fan reaction of Kenny winning last season.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..

You asshole (5).

frown.gif
. i thought final four was going to be blaise, dale, angelo, and carla

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought Carla was going for sure.... but this is clearly evidence that past performance is worth nothing. Tiffany has no wins - was in the bottom against two far better contestants. It should have been a no brainer
And FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU Anthony Bourdain for Dissing the Tony Chachere's in a Jambalaya.

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..

You asshole (5).

frown.gif
. i thought final four was going to be blaise, dale, angelo, and carla

In a perfect world, this would be the top 4...maybe antonia instead of carla but blaise, dale and angelo seemed like the 3 most talented and experienced cooks.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ToruOkada
seriously though, this challenge was just straight marsupialed.

this +1 many times. challenge was straight up marsupialed. it had no reflection on real world whatsoever.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not really sure how that clown Mike Isabella is still around...

I was surprised but not heartbroken with the elimination last night. I'm in shock that Angelo didn't taste and realize that his soup was incredibly salty. It's one thing to make a lackluster soup (Carla) but another to serve something that is inedible.

I'm thinking Blaise, Dale, Antonia as the final 3.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads