• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thor (2011)

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Awesome. I was initially backing Captain America over Thor but after reading that review, I might have to rethink my position. Can't wait.

youngScholar

Reaction score
The Destroyer is a big draw for me.

I don't get why they would be showing the Infinity Gauntlet though. It should never be assembled in the first place (you can crush nearly any being in existence with it), and carries a huge story line with it. I guess they might be setting up for an Infinity Wars movie later . . .

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The wife and I saw this film yesterday. We both thought it was very good. All the cast is very well chosen. Hemsworth is particularly good as the title character, but Hopkins as well registers strongly as Odin. Great action scenes, some good performances. Very well directed by Kenneth Branagh, I thought. You'll want to stay until the end of the end credits, too
wink.gif

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by youngScholar
The Destroyer is a big draw for me.

I don't get why they would be showing the Infinity Gauntlet though. It should never be assembled in the first place (you can crush nearly any being in existence with it), and carries a huge story line with it. I guess they might be setting up for an Infinity Wars movie later . . .

It'll be an easter egg and that is probably the only purpose it'll have. It'll probably be just displayed in the castle and we might not even hear it mentioned at all.

ANIKETOS

Reaction score
Saw it,didn't like it,but maybe part2 would be better since they had to explain a lot in this one.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw it the other day, loved it. Far better than Iron Man 2, but then again Iron Man 2 wasn't all that good. Hemsworth is buff as f*&k!

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Report your disappointment later on. I'll be reporting mine on Sunday.

Lowering expectations is a great way to increase enjoyment
satisfied.gif

mapclub

Reaction score
I thought it was pretty fun to watch considering how much back story they had to fit in for non comic fans. I think the preserve enough of what the comic fans like for it to be fun for them too. It was easy enough for me to overlook the cheesy love story and still enjoy other aspects of the characters for example.

I think that everyone will agree though, comic fan or not, they got Thor's hammer spot on. That thing was a lot of fun to watch going through everything.

For folks who have not seen it yet remember to stick around after the credits
smile.gif

What did people think of the part after the credits anyway? Was it all just a bit too neat? I really hope Loki is not a big part of the next movie. All he does is influence people and is not very great to watch at all imo.

It will be very interesting to see how they measure up Thors power level to the rest of the Avengers too considering he is more or less a God.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Report your disappointment later on. I'll be reporting mine on Sunday.

Sorry bro but I really liked the movie, it is pretty damn good, on the level of the first Iron Man film so I guess you'll automatically hate the movie then.
lol8[1].gif

Overall, a very solid plot and backstory with great actors. Hemsworth was surprisingly good, Portman doesn't even need explanation, Hopkins was great as usual and Hiddleston was an awesome Loki.

Not many enjoyed the after credits scene because not many know what the cube was, which is most likely the cosmic cube. Early plot reports for the Avengers has Loki playing a role in the Skrulls invasion of Earth and that is how the Avengers forms so this might be the very beginning.

I thought Loki was a great villain and he does more than manipulate people.

And Thors always been the strongest in the Avengers along with the Hulk, except he has control and thought to what he is doing. They won't level it out, it is that power, strength and invunerability that makes him who he is and that is alway how it is written in the comics. He's always the one that the villains worry about or fear for the most part.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Sorry bro but I really liked the movie, it is pretty damn good, on the level of the first Iron Man film so I guess you'll automatically hate the movie then.
lol8[1].gif
Overall, a very solid plot and backstory with great actors. Hemsworth was surprisingly good, Portman doesn't even need explanation, Hopkins was great as usual and Hiddleston was an awesome Loki.

Ha! Like I said in the GL thread, I'll be there on opening weekend. Actually, I'm looking forward to it. Despite my constant pessimism about these movies I'd kill to get another Superman 1 style movie. Loves me some good big screen superhero action. Iron Man, despite the huge flaws in the movie, was pretty damn good. Iron Man 2, on the other hand, was just another in a list of long failures.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads