• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thor (2011)

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was a good movie. I am more interested in seeing what they do with the Avengers. Most Superhero/Comic Book films tend to suck when they involve more than 3-4 heroes and/or villains, and multiple plotlines with multiple plotholes.
Sometimes I watch and feel like the directors, actors, writers and producers have never even read the comics.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saturdays
It was a good movie. I am more interested in seeing what they do with the Avengers. Most Superhero/Comic Book films tend to suck when they involve more than 3-4 heroes and/or villains, and multiple plotlines with multiple plotholes.
Sometimes I watch and feel like the directors, actors, writers and producers have never even read the comics.

It'll make it easier since each characters origins story has been tackled already so they do not have to squeeze much back-story into one film. They can take it from where the origins films left off.

So far Marvel has done well with their films, it really does make me wonder how SpiderMan would be if Marvel controls that franchise as well. Probably a good idea to have it separate so that they do not force a cameo by Peter Parker into one of these films.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
we need a defenders movie since everyone knows namor is the ****

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I watched this last night in 3D. I quite enjoyed it. Aside from the cheesy references to Stark and Hawkeye, I thought it was a solid adaptation. So many great lines too.

"I am not dying for six college credits!"

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Was the 3D worth it? I passed on the 3D experience ever since I saw Clash of the Titans in 3D, which seemed like the only thing in 3D was the title font in the beginning and the end.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, the last 3D movie I really enjoyed was Ice Age 3. Thor was good but not great. A lot of it had to do with lighting. The glasses make things darker to begin with so a lot of great action scenes that took place in semi-lit/dark areas (I.E. retrieving his hammer; battle with Loki) ended up being so-so. The opening scenes (I.E. Frost Giant war; coronation at Asgard) and the battle at the town were well-made though. Oh, and the trailer to the fourth Pirates film looked amazing in 3D. I'm not even kidding when I say that nothing in Thor topped the 3D in that 3 minute trailer.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Was Thor shot in 3D though or they just made it into 3D like Clash of the Titans? Avatar, which was shot in 3D, was amazing. Last 3D film I saw was Toy Story 3 and it was great as well.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why people are liking this movie. Sure, it wasn't bad.... but it wasn't good either. You know the first 10 minutes of a good movie, where they set the characters up, maybe a fight scene, or the hint of later romantic love? THE ENTIRE MOVIE WAS THIS. At no point did I go "Oh, this is good", but spent the entire time thinking "Huh, this could be good". Never really built up to anything.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The one thing that bugged me was how Loki didn't kill Stringer Bell when he had the chance. I mean..du is right there. You froze him. Blow him to a million pieces. Hell, push him off the bridge. irdk

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think you might be over thinking the movie a bit much. Action was good, plot was solid and the Thor & Loki relationship was solidly built, acting was pretty good (Loki was very well played and Thor was good also), and love interest was there too though not well-developed but it's there. Theres some little easter eggs for the geeks, the movie didn't take itself too seriously and phased pretty well, it never felt boring. It felt like a comic book movie, a Thor movie. I wasn't expecting a ground breaking movie or an Oscar winning film. No complaints on my end.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
It'll make it easier since each characters origins story has been tackled already so they do not have to squeeze much back-story into one film. They can take it from where the origins films left off.

So far Marvel has done well with their films, it really does make me wonder how SpiderMan would be if Marvel controls that franchise as well. Probably a good idea to have it separate so that they do not force a cameo by Peter Parker into one of these films.

I love watching them, and I understand its a new telling of the stories that I love, and I should appreciate it just like Ultimate series, but for the life of me I can't seem to like the X-Men and Spidey movies.

Just the first 10 min of X-Men, how did Wolverine NOT know who Sabretooth was. I walked out of the theatre when that happened. I was so frustrated, not in the nerdy/geek way, but in the wtf this is a huuge deal in the comics and a central issue in Wolverine's and Sabretooth's lives.

I don't mind Rogue being young and not Marvel Girl-ish, or that Wolverine didn't have inserts in his arm for the claws to slide out of.

As for spidey... don't even get me started. kirsten dunst? tobey mcguire? ******* 'eric' from 70s show? gwen stacy in 3rd movie...
Sam Raimi, if I ever see you again, I will face palm.
How can they nail chars like J. J. J, Betty brant, Sand Man, Osbournes, Aunt May, Doc Ock, Dr. Connor etc.. but not the main characters. MJ is a ******* model, tall voluptous, more like Isla Fisher or some unknown actor.

Also: Imagine X-Men rebooted, with Mister Sinister as the Villain. Or Sentinels as the threat. Throw in a Batman Begins vibe....

man.. if only I was making these movies. fuckin frustrates the hell out of me.

(I did however like Iron Man, Thor, and expect to like Cap America as well)

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
The one thing that bugged me was how Loki didn't kill Stringer Bell when he had the chance. I mean..du is right there. You froze him. Blow him to a million pieces. Hell, push him off the bridge. irdk

Woah back the **** up. Stringer Bell is in this movie? Maybe this isn't as much of a brainless turd of a Hollywood afterbirth that it seems at first glance.

tumblr_ljt6hviGNO1qiguseo1_500.jpg

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Marsellus Wallace's soul.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads